Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

The aul waistcoat is under severe pressure there.

They should make mask wearing optional again so those that do wear them can virtue signal about it

Enjoy the freedom while it lasts lads.

12 Likes

Had a half hour added to my journey back from Howth there by a checkpoint. Missus missed an appointment because of it. Grrrr

1 Like

Were you refusing to co-operate with their enquiries?

The guards were very pleasant. They asked where I was going. I said home. They asked where I lived. I answered. I was allowed to proceed.

You’re a real rebel.

I made an UNNECESSARY journey to Howth man. I probably killed hundreds of people. I’d had enough CHAOS in my day

From within Dublin?

That’s very harsh.

God forgive me for reading this incredibly repetitive shit, when you see a few hundred new posts in a few hours you think something might have happened, but no, same old same old with the words jumbled up a bit,
get out and live some sort of a life, it really can’t be worse than this and this cannot be good for anybody.

1 Like

I reckon Champ will do the right thing tomorrow and tell those NPHET psychopaths where they can stick their level 5

2 Likes

1000 cases

3 deaths

Not very exponential for something that is growing exponentially

2 Likes

What’s the 7 day cases compared to the previous 7 days?

Leaving the rights or wrongs of various approaches aside, a second lockdown is going to be a much tougher ask than the first one.

The initial lockdown occurred during a spell of good weather. Most people went into it willingly, as they feared it was necessary given the danger of the illness and that it was a one off to “flatten the curve”

A second lockdown, as we head into winter, when a lot of people no longer fear the disease, when a sizable proportion of the population are against it and where our future suggests than further lockdowns will be on the horizon, seems a much bleaker proposition.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be betting the house on it.

Backlog of 400 to add on to tomorrow’s number and announce shortly after Martin rejects L5 :thinking:

Can’t see them rejecting NPHET quite emphatically twice. They sense that a lot of public opinion - if not the view of most here - is that people would rather a lockdown now and not during Christmas as they sense we either need one or are going to get one. We’re heading for five. There might be the compromise of 3/4 weeks.

1 Like