Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

@Batigol

Just saw this in an article online

"Germany has issued travel warnings for more than 160 countries where the infection rate is higher than 50 per 100,000 population in the previous seven days. Vienna, with a population of 1.9 million, has reached an infection level of 197 new cases per 100,000 population.

Anyone returning to Germany from a risk area is required to take a Covid-19 test and self-isolate for 10 days"

You may want to check about flying to Germany and what you could do there. I presume Ireland is on the risk list now.

The missus may have been in Germany last week and may have gotten in no problem.

1 Like

Goodnight Vienna.

Just seen my first reference to a k shaped recovery. Some people and businesses get ruined financially, while other protected species are grand thanks.

1 Like

You’ve stopped all international travel and cut off about 1/3 of our own population from travelling. I’d imagine most hotels in the west will just shut up shop now until next Easter.

1 Like

What’s the story with the airport ?

Retail goes down, online shopping goes up. I prefer the term seesaw recovery.

Very little of the on line shopping benefits the Irish economy. The money mostly goes abroad.

I’d imagine online shopping is of far less benefit to the economy as most of that money will be going overseas without any of the associated employment benefits, aside from dickhead couriers.

Most of the money from the online shopping goes abroad

Operating at about 8% of what it was and that is reducing every day. Routinely seeing flights with less than 10 people on them. Pretty much no inwards tourism.

@Bandage How close are we now from being back to watching that bloody awful 2004 Munster Hurling Final (in full) 3 times per week between TG4/Eir/RTE?

11 Likes

Are these new restrictions going to have any effect? You can still fly in and out I presume.

Jeff Bezos likes this

I’m very fucking angry lads. More lockdown, you’re not allowed work and by the way we are cutting your pandemic payment too. Based on the random selections of some academics.

5 Likes

Fat little fucker alright noticed that,ball bag that langer

No restrictions on flying in. You just have to fill out a form

1 Like

No beach holiday this year. It’s a perfect time for a bulk.

This is very pertinent question. Also, If capacity has not increased in the last 6 months are there plans in place to increase it now?

I’ve on an 18 month bulk. I’m a beasht