Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Itll be like the fucking leaving cert grades.
A 2 1 , a 2 2 a 2 4

Test 1 2, a 1 2 a 2 2, testing 1 2 3

Did you see this clip of egghead Donnelly pretending to be on the phone on his way into the meeting earlier?

Christ, heā€™s some fucking tool.

5 Likes

Also, overarching klaxon.

2 Likes

Please mrs Avery
I just want to talk to her
Iā€™ll only keep her a while
Please Mrs Avery
I just want to tell her goobye

1 Like

The posters who have been encouraging you and this shite should be shot

12 Likes

The EU has greed a green list, well, a traffic light system. Weā€™ve signed up to it. We just havenā€™t announced how we will implement it yet. I guess itā€™s safe to assume that no restrictions need apply to countries marked green on the eu list.

Iā€™ve walked into funerals like that.

But if weā€™re not on that list it doesnā€™t matter a shite or have I got that wrong?

1 Like

Be some craic if the phone rang at the same time

2 Likes

Heā€™s bared his soul on here over last few years and can post what the fuck he wants.

10 Likes

It did. Highway to hell ringtone.

1 Like

Was chatting to a fellow today who lives in Singapore. Back here to mind his father for a few months. Checked himself into a hotel for 14 days as he was afraid heā€™d pick up on the plane and with is father going for surgery in 2 weeks time he wonā€™t take any chances.

He was shocked at our positive test numbers. Singapore is more or less gone covid zero. He couldnā€™t get over the lack of mask wearing outside. They have contact tracing down to fine art over there. Laws over there are strict, if heā€™s caught without his mask heā€™d risk losing his work permit.

All that said, he agreed he had left a totalitarian society and missed Ireland.

5 Likes

You and your chessboard should be first up against the wall

1 Like

Youā€™d be so far away in case you caught Covid 19
Youā€™d miss the shot you cunt.

2 Likes

If it gets up @backinatracksuit then Iā€™m all for it.

3 Likes

I like @iron_mike, this shit doesnā€™t bother me but i do cringe for him whenever i see it.

I hope you can see the real reason why this is entertained Mike.

Thereā€™s thousands of nonsense threads on the forum, this particular one is dreadfully repetitive obviously but it is essentially a thread for serious conversation. No harm injecting a bit of silliness every once in a while butā€¦

1 Like

As Sheryl Crow said:

If it makes you happy
The it canā€™t be that bad

2 Likes

And now Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But Iā€™d of had to miss the dance
Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain but Iā€™d of had to miss the dance

1 Like

Youā€™re a good guy. Obviously.

Sometimes you just need to ignore the nonsense you donā€™t like as otherwise you get dragged under.

We all rise and fall to same level. No harm to have a release valve. Even if his posts but not him annoys you.

Critics who treat ā€˜adultā€™ as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

C.S. Lewis

6 Likes

You left in the rain without closing the door
I didnā€™t stand in your way
Now I miss you more than I, Missed you before and now
Where Iā€™ll find comfort God knows,
But you,left me
just when I needed you most

Cc @iron_mike