Say yes to grace!
Say no to spite!
Say yes to this!
Say yes to you!
Say yes to me!
Say yes to love!
Say yes to life!

Say, say yes to life!

You see what you’ve only gone and started?

1 Like

Conehead Donnelly, the cunt. Get it right.

The view from the Slieve Bloom, dreams I can still see
A beauty just as grand as you will find
These are scenes from childhood, once more I will return
And meet those folk, those friends we had so fine

1 Like

So let me get this right. Is it correct to say that I cant have the mother and father out for dinner today? Genuine question

1 Like

Childcare is allowed and you’re their child 🤷🏼

7 Likes

It’s only a matter of time you’d have to say before a code red … if people want a decent Christmas with families I think they should be calling for a level 4 or 5 sooner rather than later - that’s just the sad truth of it.

If we just get it done with now, we’ll probably only have one more lockdown around mid Feb and we’ll be back for Paddy’s day and hopefully the vaccine starts trickling down through the population by then and before summer.

1 Like

I can see them heading g down that route by the end of the week. I would put a bet on that the schools will be closed for an extra week and we’ll be in lockdown in everything but name for at least a fortnight.

We’ve about 4-6 months left and we’re done … I see the Russian vaccine is near approval also and India have taken it to do their own tests on 60k of their own population… we’ll have 2/3 different vaccines on the go after Christmas … it’s up to all of us to pull together for the last few months now and we’ll be out the other side in no time.

The questions about masks, death rates, ICU beds, travel restrictions etc. etc. etc - can all be tackled then… let’s just get through the next few months and we can then tear each other apart.

1 Like

Is the only treatment at the moment for people who have a mild reaction to covid is to take a couple of paracetamol and lock yourself away for 10 days? How long does someone who asymptomatic carry the virus before they are no longer carriers?

Vaccinate the elderly, the vulnerable, healthcare workers and RTE staff and get on with it

5 Likes

Why would one dose of this vaccine be sufficient when the flu vaccine has to be administered annually? @Tierneevin1979

2 Likes

Quarantine the RTE staff in Clare Byrne’s shed until this is over

1 Like

I’ve no idea … Labane is your man there. I presume there’s no life immunity and we’ll be left with a weaker strain of the virus that will not be as severe to the vulnerable.

I hate Christmas anyway.

3 Likes

The young lad who used to rob gaffs around Moyross now needs his government’s permission to sit with his family for Christmas dinner.

1 Like

Luke O’Neill in the Indo today. I can’t copy the entire article.

If “lack of compliance” is the issue, we need more compliance, not restrictions

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve heard of people being prescribed antibiotics to deal with secondary infections too but that may just be lazy doctors.

14 days is how long told to restrict movements if no
symptoms