Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Yeah, that’s my understanding as well

We saw how slow they were to unwind restrictions the last time. Say we still have 250 cases a day on 1st of December, will the Junta allow things to open up?

Lads seem to think that we’ll roll straight from Level 5 into everything being open and having a good Christmas

4 Likes

They will in their fuck.

Exactly. The further they are allowed to lock things down the longer it will take for things to open back up.

Sometimes you’re better off dead
There is a gun in your hand and it’s pointing at your head

2 Likes

NPHETs hope’s for Christmas wouldnt extend beyond an interactive version of monopoly on Zoom and quiz books.

3 Likes

Will they allow Christmas trees and toys to be sold?

Christmas Day on RTE 2 at 4pm - the Big Big movie is replaced by the 2004 Munster hurling final.

18 Likes

Unfortunately, unless we see hospital wards full and these so called overflow facilities filling up the vast majority of the public are not going to buy into this anymore.

The Government lost the flock through excruciatingly poor communication of proper procedure to keep this virus contained.

2 Likes

On Christmas Eve Rte will have Sam McDonkey on as he sits down groups Of kids and tells them Santa clause isn’t real.

4 Likes

The further we from level 1 or 2 the longer we have to go through this purgatory. There seems to be a misconception that if we are at level 5 we can bounce to 1 or 2. Be careful what you wish for. We haven’t given level 3.5 enough time yet. Household restrictions only came into effect late last week.

1 Like

“Santa is a superspreader and a danger to public health.”

1 Like

You need to drop the NPHET shite talk. They are going to advise restrictions in a pandemic ffs.

If you’ve beef with anyone it should be placed firmly at the door of Government and your local TD in government.

The constant whinging in relation to NPHET is pointless and a tad dull at this stage.

1 Like

He wrote the letter himself with hes left hand

It takes at least three weeks to go up a phase safely as changes take time to feed through, you can decide its not working in a week though

1 Like

I’ve been a fairly vocal opponent of many of the restrictions and government actions from the off … and will again in the future. Whatever your thoughts are, a lockdown was always inevitable - despite your best moaning on the internet. We have reached a point where hospitals are near a tipping point and with seasonal sicknesses on the horizon we’re heading for trouble … Yes we bring up valid arguments about mask wearing , about the age of death, affects of the illness on young people / non compromised and everything else we’ve been banging on about here … and they are all fair points worth talking about and discussing. But we are where we are - to avoid a crisis in hospitals and saving some lives we need to pull together as a country for a few weeks to break numbers.

I get youre weary of it. We all are … and a lot of people are angry and in denial at the minute with the longing for their old life. I get that too , it’s a normal human response. But we are faced with reality and the reality is we need to unite as an island and do our duty.

That’s the mature adult thing we are all faced with. You can vent here all you want pal - I dont mind, ive done it enough times, but you need to man up. I’m always available for a chat if you need it.

8 Likes

NPHET have the people terrified.

Something something FFG… usual shite from you

McDonkey will be on after the nine o clock news to tell us that Santa cannot travel, because Rudolf has a bright red nose and that’s now a symptom of Covid-19. So they all will isolate for 14 days and Christmas will take place when there’s a vaccine available. He will then introduce that next on RTÉ is Mrs Browns Boys.

2 Likes