Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

No testing figures released on a Sunday. However there is a backlog of around 750 to be added in yet from the figures for the last 2 days…

I made this point yesterday. Fellas are acting like NPHET are international health ninjas who’s wisdom must never been questioned. l Check Tony has been CMO since 2008. His record is appalling

1 Like

They can shove their 5k up their holes for a start

6 Likes

My bubble members are way further away than 5km

5km again. Is there anywhere in Europe that have an equivalent restriction?

“The number of people on hospital trolleys at present is not far off a normal October, they were told.”

Justification for extreme restrictions?

2 Likes

Serious question - will Smyths toy stores remain open?

They’re operating a Click and Collect service for their Letterkenny store at the moment. (Level 4)

1 Like

Not explicitly calling it level 5 keeps the tyrants of the teachers unions and GPA on board

Buy online, kid.

Was passing through Cork shop on Kinsale Rd couple of weeks ago, bedlam & horrific queues. Nobody needs that trauma.

1 Like

The gym closing would be a disaster for me

4 Likes

I’m sure we’ll get another raft of half baked measures littered with inconsistencies

I shopped online for the small one today. All done and dusted. All be here within 3 days

1 Like

They’ll be among the strictest in Europe. They’ll be nationwide. They wont be based on their 5 stage plan.

1 Like

There is a curfew in Paris and 8 other cities in France. You can’t go outside after 9pm

Whatever you do lads don’t buy online. These Chinese cunts have benefited enough over this sorry mess.

2 Likes

1283 cases

3 deaths (All in October)

(408 in Dublin, 156 in Cork, 88 in Kildare, 80 in Meath, 55 in Limerick)

I had to call into Smyths out by TKMaxx today around 3pm and there was no queue, shop wasn’t that busy, mad queues for Curry’s/PC world

2 Likes

Extra restrictions will only slow the spread, a lot of the public have lost interest and are not worried about catching it. It’s as simple as that. Government probably know this aswell but need to be seen to be acting.

2 Likes