Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Yes look at how he treated the women in the cervical smear test scandal. That man is now running my entire life. Terrifying.

Level 5 again for 6 weeks, where did we hear that before and it went for 4 months. This is their last chance if they fuck up this lockdown they can forget about any sort of lockdown after this.

Iā€™m fucking outraged at poots for saying the taigs are riddledā€¦I chuckled when you said it last week. Clearly this means poors is a hypocrite

If weā€™ve learned anything from this itā€™s how willing, in fact insistent, the Irish people are to give up their freedoms

I hope you all die roaring you cunts ā€¦

Heā€™ll be our next President

1 Like

Poots is just jelly that Covid and Taigs make great bedfellows whereas as it just kills off the huns.

My teaching source in a very large north Dublin secondary school informed me that the principal told staff he canā€™t communicate positive COVID-19 results in the school environment to them for GDPR reasons, yet contact tracing has broken down and nobody is being contacted when cases arise. So thereā€™s a complete vacuum there.

He also said one teacher got COVID-19 a few weeks back and let other teachers know via a WhatsApp group (in the absence of contact tracing). Even though teachers have been having practically no contact with each other and just going from class to class, no staff room access etc, he said around 1/5 of the teaching staff decided they needed to self isolate for 14 days upon hearing the news.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s a chance that teachers and childcare workers will be happy to continue working at level 5.

1 Like

If the unions do indeed refuse, things could get very complicated indeed. Is this what Leo was referring to two weeks back when he said NPHET ā€˜hadnā€™t thought things throughā€™ I wonder

The paradox here is that it is actually safer for teachers to go about their daily duties if everyone else is at level 5. The less people out and about, the safer it is for them, surely.

2 Likes

Itā€™s either safe or it isnā€™t.

• Simon Harris
  • Fungie

0 voters

You can only save one. Who do you choose?

1031 cases.
0 deaths.

Hard to shake off 800 years. More than anything Paddy likes to be told what to do.

3 Likes

Barry Kenny of Irish Rail has said from over the next week, there will be an advisory notices on trains to open windows to improve ventilation

The GGA goes ahead I believe.

3 Likes

@Tank, Iā€™m sorry to hear of the breakdown of your relationship, tough break.
Easy for me to say obviously but try not to be so pessimistic about the future, youā€™re still a young man and life will probably return to something like normal in the coming 12 months, either way we will adapt and youā€™ll be out meeting women again.
Never say never, certainly not at 36 anyway, thereā€™s always a few hurdles to get over.

3 Likes

Clare Byrne show today will be at 940pm and crimecall will now FOLLOW instead

We are icing in unprecedented times

1 Like

Iā€™d chance telling them theyā€™ll receive the PUP allowance like any other industry thats forced to stand down and see if that attitude adjusts.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think any parent wants to be putting teachers on the dole, youā€™re really on your own then.