Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Are we to take it that masks are a cod ?

Take what you wish, itā€™s very fluid

A story from Cork. A large group of students have a house party to celebrate their graduation and thus pass the virus on through a whole series of secondary and further infections.

The course they graduated in? Pharmacy.

The leaders should be co-opted to nphet immediately

2 Likes

Well said @Julio_Geordio

Proponents of herd mentality. Seems okay.

I just want to get back to the world I knew two days ago where I was seething about Van Dijkā€™s knee being damaged.

You arenā€™t seething anymore?

1 Like

How can we. Presumably they are all dead or suffering from horrendous long Covid.

I am. Iā€™m not seething about a footballerā€™s knee. Iā€™m seething about a country forced to its knees.

That pandemic is a divil alright

Can I go anywhere I want once I visit a grave?

You can.

Itā€™s a loophole. Buy a wreath and the country is your oyster.

4 Likes

More like they are out serving up the perennial drugs for big pharma

Fully agree on NPHET. And their public speaking/leaking role has been very disruptive.

Iā€™m not sure there should be other stakeholders consulted though. The government should be capable of balancing the recommendations with wider social and economic interests. Thatā€™s their job. I donā€™t want some IBEC chap getting a say because heā€™s a self appointed business leader.

And while I completely accept that a zero death rate is implausible, it equally doesnā€™t mean that a lock down approach is necessarily wrong if we are fearing a huge death rate.

3 Likes

Seeing as kids are so immune they should train them to work in shops and we can all drive our kids up in the car and let them go in to buy things with our cards. They could cut hair etc too to keep the economy going.

Maintain the mantra offline. I spin the line I replied to barney wkth too, which does provoke thought.

I told ye last night that Claire would try to get the GGA cancelled.

Contact tracing was not mentioned once in the press conference . :man_shrugging:

If Laois were any good sheā€™d change her tune

2 Likes

Low low blow. I hope you catch Covid