Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Did you completely miss the hospitals being overrun and people dying because of that? It’s more than just slowing it down while it runs its course, I think it’s silly to say that.

1 million dead with it, not from it.

10 Likes

Hospitals are not being overrun in Ireland, far from it, and literally nobody is dying of Covid any longer. Even though there is widespread panic over a few hundred CASES a day.
You stupid cunt.

3 Likes

They now know how to tackle it and have found medicine to slow it and aid recovery… We are a million miles on from last February.

They are not even cases. They are infections. No other disease is a case without symptoms.

And they can spread it

But the hospitals are nowhere near being over run at the moment. Or did I miss something?

The only panic I’ve seen is from a few lads on here who are working away and can’t deal with a few restrictions and predicting the end of society and life as we know it because of said restrictions

*I saw my arse back in the start of it. Full disclosure

What is very annoying with new case reporting is the lack of detail.

Has the rise in cases been a factor of schools reopening?
What is the age levels of infections?
How many close contacts are actually testing positive?

Of the deaths ( thankfully numbers are low ) recorded why is their no mention of age?

It’s time to let the Population know where the cases are at this stage too if it will at least make people sit up & take notice.
Make them think twice about their actions.

I see this evening, another Test station has been erected in Moyle Rovers GAA complex outside Clonmel. Demand must be high but word on the street is low.

A farmer told me the other day he won’t report symptoms either, he’s scared the milk truck wouldn’t collect his milk.

2 Likes

Is your arse an oracle?

71% under the age of 45 from today’s numbers.

77 in hospitals with covid up from 23 last week
14 in ICU up from 6 last week.

How many of them tested positive for Covid whilst in hospital already?

I have no idea. Ring the hospitals

Well maybe be a bit more inquisitive.

2 Likes

That’s a key question that the HSE don’t want to be asked

1 Like

Most of them would have died anyway

They’re the officially released numbers. If you want to find them go search. I ain’t your secretary.

Pay peanuts get monkeys

1 Like

What’s the difference if they come in with something and test positive while there? It’s still a person with an infectious disease in a hospital with other sick people. They’ll end up in the covid ward.

You did miss something in fairness. Unless you’d rather wait until the hospitals are overrun to react?

I’ve been very critical of the government’s response all along. But I don’t think it is ok to say ah it’ll run its course anyway, as if whatever we do to try keep a cap on numbers doesn’t matter. It does in fairness, and we’ve seen what happens if it gets out of hand.