Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

I’m over the border already pal. We’ll take it from here like in 1916.

1 Like

you could have left out Adare there

1 Like

This level 3 shit is a cod. Football and gaa both on as normal for the little fella today. Her gaa matches are cancelled but her gymnastics is on as normal. Roads are busy, coffee shops hopping.

The only thing these lockdowns affect is private business. Especially for people with families. Life goes on completely normal otherwise. In fact people with jobs end up better off as they can’t eat out on a Sunday.

Very clear socio-economic correlation to the 14 day rates in Dublin

3 Likes

Will media pick that up

Jesus there is! I had definitely noticed it becoming a bit of a class issue but surprised it’s so obvious. Definitely a more hedonistic fuck the loss attitude in those type of areas. If youre in the pub every Sunday, smoking 20 a day, ayting chipper regularly and hoovering coke up your nose every time youre out yer not going to be too worried about sanitising, wearing a mask in the car and coughing into your elbow.

1 Like

My local credit union have imposed reduced lower limits on the amount you can save in the account.

Apparently there has been a huge increase in savings in recent months from those who have been working away as normal. Makes sense really, less money spent in pubs, restaurants, foreign holidays and on social events.

Jesus Christ. Would cramped living conditions and poorer work conditions be a factor here at all do you think?

5 Likes

It’s not really surprising. Take a walk around Rathmines and loads of people are wearing masks, everyone is well behaved. Take a walk through the Liberties and it’s bedlam, just the same as normal, it’s great.

The best compliance I have seen everywhere is in bookshops which, let’s be honest, are the definition of middle class. Even before the obligatory mask rules 100% of the customers in bookshops across the city were wearing masks.

Mid table here in Lucan, we’ll take that. 2 teams in a county final today, nowhere to go afterwards :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Must be a few thousand here in Liffey Valley. Thank god none of them can go in a group of 6 to a restaurant later

3 Likes

You’ve really loaded up on your snobbish presumptions there.

2 Likes

I caught a bit of it mentioned this morning on the radio. They were saying that messages may not be getting through in West Dublin due to the high percentage of foreign nationals there and language barrier issues.

Mentioned in the IT alright this morning.

Seems like all the places at the top of the list are places with a tradition of indoor dining in restaurants alright.

4 Likes

Donaghmede the real outlier in that…

Pretty sure Donaghmede includes Darndale and Clongriffin so very much an outlier.

It’s going to be a massive failure?

1 Like

No fear the Leader would mention the fact he also played rugby in the headline

7 Likes

Sometimes a blood sacrifice is needed to wake up a slumbering people.

Cork will then betray us all.