Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

It’s good the museums are closed too. They are usually hedonistic places at best of times.

Fear of coronavirus is a bourgeoisie distraction.

The Africans don’t give a fuck either. They’ve real problems.

Dr Phillip Nolan tying himself up in knots on radio one here

2 Likes

What’s this ‘we business’ paleface. Your stock were nowhere near Dublin in 1916.

Radio 1 interview. Katie Hannon Picking up the point about not having resources to go back 3 or 4 days. Philip Nolan dodges question. Says people won’t remember where they were. Refuses to say if there are adequate resources.

Picked up on making an assumption about where virus spreads as he does not have data.

Then asked do we need to upgrade contact tracing. Refuses to answer that.

One of best radio interviews I have heard on this. At least he was challenged a little bit.

Katie Hannon :clap:
Puts the likes of George Lee to shame.

12 Likes

@Spidey and the rest out Castleknock way must be having orgies to get a posh place so high on the list.

I heard her the other night on the radio about the leaving Cert. she’s good.

1 Like

Dara O Brien ‘knows people in the hospitality sector’ He has ‘friends working in that sector’

She’s excellent. I had not really heard her before. Lovely forensic style of questioning.

2 Likes

She skewered him there and he didn’t ever know it

1 Like

People in Dara O Brien own family , People he knows himself have lost jobs. He does not want to play party politics on peoples lives. He wants to be very clear on this

Nolan’s claim that they don’t have the resources to find out where people are getting the virus is being rightly ridiculed here

Thanks to GDPR.

1 Like

Yesterday it was a lack of resources, now apparently Irish people are just more forgetful.

1 Like

The fatality rate of the virus is probably about 1% or 1.5% (maybe less).

I’d rather take a 1% chance of death than spend the next four years locked inside.

It’s actually about 0.17 per cent

5 Likes

It’s likely a good deal lower.

Not snobbish presumptions boss I’m talking about my own friends and family :eyes:

1 Like

It’s amusing that George thought he should have been Minister for Finance when his sole “talent” seems to be breathlessly parroting the last awful thing he heard.

16 Likes

Good to know.