Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

As always itā€™s the people on the ground, doctors, nurses and clinicians who suffer most from layers upon layers of management and miss management

I canā€™t imagine how frustrating it must be when you need something that quite literally could be life or death for someone yesterday and it is moving through the layers.

If they were working their asses off why would they be close to the wall?
The real issue is why are so many not going to them with equally if not more serious issues than Covid19. Stuff like cancer checkups, heart issues, mental health and the likes. Remember when stuff like that was important too?

1 Like

@EstebanSexface is the wittiest man on TFK. Consultants are struggling to get by. Top banter.

3 Likes

That smacks of a sweep-sweep to me. They are admitting that thereā€™s an issue but passing it off as almost insignificant. Itā€™s not.

Theyā€™re carrying out a diagnostic test with a procedure that is not fit for that intended purpose. To add to the bizarreness of the situation, as I understand it there are no available pure 2019-nCOV virus isolates to test against. So, in plain English, it looks like we are using a test that is not fit for purpose to identify the presence of a virus based on an educated best guess of what said virus looks like.

:popcorn:

1 Like

Interesting response, but you have failed to address the key point and instead focused on making excuses for the use of a test that is not fit for this purpose . The CDC is explicitly stating that if the PCR test results in a positive for presence of a coronavirus it does not mean that the virus is causing disease. To know this, weā€™d need a test to determine how much of a virus is replicating actively in the patientā€™s body.

There have been some sweeping changes to life in this country (with more on the way, no doubt) off the back of a spurious model developed by a shyster / huckster-type in England, and complete reliance on a test that is being used outside of its intended purpose. Add in a handful of power-tripping politicians and civil servants, and you have the perfect storm to create further tension between public health / greater good and personal rights and freedoms; it will ultimately destroy our constitution, or what remains of it.

Reading some of the ramblings of a very vocal civil servant on here over the past few months, it is very clear that ethics in a public role and the very concept of individual autonomy are a thing of the past in the minds of some.

1 Like

Can I watch this anywhere? I said a good while back that this Ryan bollox has had his say and should fuck off now.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/gleneagle-hotel-killarney-kerry-concert-22726482.amp

She was so shocked she had to look up the guidelines for in door events :joy:

Fuck off you miserable Cunt.

Peter has been mugged off there in his comments and is seething about snitch tagging which is a new one to me.

Would people stop worrying about everything going on around them. The finger wagging is gone beyond a joke. A nation of rats and permanently outraged

3 Likes

Who the fuck is that guy? He has me blocked for some reason

Anyone with wash your hands/wear a mask/keep your distance in their twitter handle can fuck off, I believe they are a condescending cunt who get off on talking down to people.

Say enough in his bio

1 Like

The tide is turning

5 Likes

I must have have had a swipe at him in the past ā€¦ ahead of the curve as usual.

3 Likes

Praise be to Allah ā€¦ Zero covid is not achievable

The Government doing a great job

A mandatory electronic passenger locator form was introduced on August 26th around the same time as a new call centre was established to follow up on passengers. In response to a parliamentary question, Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly told Ms Shortall that in its first week of operation of this service ā€“ when 59,605 people arrived in through airports ā€“ 70,000 SMS messages were sent out and 13,000 calls were made to a ā€œsampleā€ of all incoming passengers.

70,000 messages to 59,605 passengers. Some lads got TWO messages to tell them to please restrict their movements. Proper enforcement

Holy hand of unmerciful fuck!

1 Like