Coronavirus thread - 19/10/2020 - The Day Ireland Died

Between 08/09/2020 to 21/09/2020 in my LEA there were 22 cases. (Up from 14), to have a 14 day incidence rate of 80.2)

In Adare/Rathkeale there were 17 cases ( Down from 28) to have a 14 day incidence rate of 61.3

Link for LEA Map > https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

1 Like

It will be interesting to see how the virus behaves when the clocks go back in a few weeks.

Mrs Kilgallon is a real professional . A great journalist

1 Like

A good coat is all you need in Donegal.

There’s no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes

2 Likes

Nice to see he acknowledges it doesn’t care about borders while advocating a zero Covid policy in this jurisdiction

Blaming Derry @glenshane and Lifford where the outbreak is centered is across the river from Strabane.

Celbridge about to fall.

1 Like

The virus does not respect county borders says Glynn

Glynn imposes county border restrictions.

How is nobody pulling up this chicanery and spoofery.

11 Likes

As if anyone I’m Donegal would even notice let alone pay attention :smile:

1 Like

Anyone in Donegal not taking heed of this should be locked up immediately

Interesting interview and perspectives

2 Likes

It’s crazy how polarised peoples opinions are on this and how a lot of people point or cite peoples behaviour as to why a county could be going back a level or why lockdown is needed. Complacency is the big buzz word. The demarcation line seems to be if you’re safe in the knowledge that your job is safe. When did people lose the ability to think critically?

2 Likes

I’m not sure on that. I can’t put my finger on what type of people are pro and against lockdowns. People from all walks of life in both camps in Ireland anyway. Definitely very intelligent and very stupid people in both camps too. Oiutfuckers are definitely looser more free spirited types. Bigger drinkers.

2 Likes

Truly Woolberto is the hero we need right now

We’re rightly fucked so

1 Like

The Taoiseach is not sure if Donegal locked down from midnight tonight or tomorrow.

I really enjoyed a wee staycation in Donegal last week, but I’m glad I did so responsibly and gave the locals a wide berth.