Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

So you admit that you just made that up to fit your absolutist infantile outlook on life. Good. Youā€™re making progress.

You big kango head.

1 Like

Lockdown or nothing :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well hang on, Iā€™ve been strongly OIUTF throughout but dont we OIUTFers want old and vulnerable people to cocoon themselves for as long as it takes while while rest of us carry on with normal life? Maybe even longer than 9 months?

Iā€™ve heard both arguments very clearly. The least unfair solution would be an Italian-style ā€œvaccine passport / negative testā€ system.

1 Like

You seem absolutely desperate to bring this back to your Gurdian talking points on the GBD. This is what was said to you bringing it up to me before, do not lie

Letā€™s keep to what this is about. Pretending that these arenā€™t a big departure for western societies and that the way theyā€™ve been brought in was on the back of good debate is nonsense. We had months and months to properly debate them, you give conspiracy theorists oxygen when you say that you wonā€™t bring them in but then ram them through at the last minute.
[/quote]

Yes, I read The Guardian every day. So what? It is an excellent paper. I also read a lot of other newsprint. I will pass over the childish gibe, as if reading The Guardian defined my views. It does not, which is what makes people like you uncomfortable. I do not fit in any neat little ā€˜rightā€™ or ā€˜leftā€™ box. I like to think for myself.

You seem extraordinarily keen to keep asking me questions. Why, I do not understand.

I will confine myself to noting that the idea of vaccine passports as in tune with a central plank of the GBD makes you uneasy. If people think about matters a little deeper, without being in hock to right wing shibboleths, many things become apparent. Of course, the GBD is a crock of right wing shite, the usual stuff from the usual suspects. And the fact that sundry ā€˜libertariansā€™ are now terribly put out about vaccine ā€˜riskā€™ and vaccine ā€˜curtailment of freedomā€™ makes me coldly laugh. The ultimate freedom is not to become seriously ill or die.

Vaccine passports are here to stay for the moment. What would answer your criterion (ā€œon the back of good debateā€) is hard to say, because you are rigidly anti anything that derives from state action and so cannot think properly about such issues.

Given time, life will return to something approaching normality. But there are going to be a lot of difficult cases around employment.

I donā€™t follow you?

In terms of how we responded, that is generally it. The measure introduced was inconsistent across sectors. Gyms have been super spreader locations, why not for them too? If Delta really changed things, why not there?

Itā€™s a blatant attempt at increasing take up. In the U.K., Rabb has admitted it. Macron has admitted as such. Tbh I donā€™t have a problem with people being honest about that, but it should been upfront.

Seems coercive to me

1 Like

What is the TFK line about ā€˜rent freeā€™ā€¦

If this site is still here in ten yearsā€™ time, that kango line is one the few that will endure. Really got under OIUTF skin, so it did, so it did,ā€¦

Nonsense. Many of our measures have been inconsistent, nonsensical, or pointless, some of them even racist.

I donā€™t agree with the response. But I accept the reason for the response was in fact the threat posed by Delta. Thatā€™s just apparent.

Your reasoning that the response should have been lockdown or nothing is stupid and nothing further needs to be said about it.

Youā€™re going off here and missing the point.

To clarify;

1. my post above says that I didnā€™t agree with their strategy overall

2. Iā€™ve said on balance that Iā€™d have taken VPs a few months ago like they had in Denmark. If take up had been low in Ireland, Iā€™d have taken the civil liberties hit

My issue is with how theyā€™ve been brought in, administered and also how disagreements with them are met by the likes of yourself. @Horseboxā€™s point was very valid.

1 Like

Some right spineless Iā€™m all right Jack types on this thread. The same cunts would have turned away when the Jews were being loaded on the trains.

1 Like

No, it was not. He was just using the emotive topic of a pregnant woman ā€“ in vulgar fashion, to my eye ā€“ for making a typically shallow point.

Whether (pregnant) unvaccinated women can eat inside a pub is not one of the many terribly difficult issues facing the country. To pretend this issue is central can only seem risible to any sensible person.

I like my freedom in concrete terms. And I prefer to be in a pub where everyone else there is vaccinated. I believe the great majority of people in Ireland feel the same way. Why? Because they are, largely, sensible and pragmatic and not in hock to right wing shite.

If there was a Venn diagram of odious people, it would contain, for starters, Toby Young, Laurence Fox, Brendan Oā€™Neill, Claire Fox, Darren Grimes, Dolores Cahill, Gemma Oā€™Doherty and John Waters. I mean, there is also a question of taste. Who in their right mind would want to be on the same side of any argument those deplorables would makeā€¦

That logic was used to discriminate against HIV positive people for years.

ā€œWhat if?ā€ is the thin end of the wedgie that right wing lads like you like to hand out

Look, fuck off. I have better things to do than bothering with morons.

1 Like

Those who supported the Covid equivalent of the fake ā€œdeclarationsā€ denying climate change and the link between smoking and cancer should never be let forget it.

Youā€™d want to stay out of hotels then or the restaurant I was in yesterday somewhere in the midwest of Ireland. Wonā€™t mention the name. No talk of covid certs, we didnt wear masks going in and were given the choice of indoor or outdoor dining.

We chose outdoor. Food was great as well. Weā€™ll be back.

Vulgar fashion :smirk: you are easily the most vulgar poster on this site. Your default mode is insulting people or threatening them with violence. You and your fellow zero nutter on this site who pretend to be so caring and empathetic for society are also the most unpleasant posters to engage with and also the most supportive of extremist exclusive social policies. Square that circle Mr Lothario.

I brought up my pregnant friend because it was a real world example of how these restrictions are completely unfair but of course the caring wokesters on here have decided that she is a fucking idiot for wanting to go for a meal. The mental gymnastics ye dangerous cunts do to justify your extremist ideologies is quite something to behold.

15 Likes

Look, I have taken more abuse here than probably anyone. So I make no apologies for robustness with people who deserve it.

I think you are a vulgarian, into the bargain. I am sure you will live with it.

A gom pretending to be a gom so as not to be a gomā€¦

He is a dude.

You are a delude.

Quite a difference.

1 Like

Say the same about a minority and see where itā€™ll get you.

You reacted negatively to it because you know it is a valid point on the issues surrounding this, but as youā€™ve gone Super Covid you pretend as it is ā€œrisibleā€.

I know you might like your own security blanket as a presumably older member of society, but thatā€™s not how society works. The concern by pregnant women is a valid one, I assume you are happy enough with vegans being exempted in the U.K.?