Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Is self made Belinda about to become the richest woman in the world or will she be playing second fiddle to self made billionaire Mackenzie Scott?
#feminismetc

2 Likes

The Guards in Donegal have set up a snitch line now for people to report house parties and gatherings.

Is it that bad up in Donegal? Is it not just the north part of the county or is it rampant?

As an observation they seem to have a fairly high proportion of cretins up there.

3 Likes

The south of the county is fine but up north around Letterkenny and Milford the rates have rocketed.

1 Like

I wonder what the icu/hospitalisation rates are like? Surely the answer should be crucial in any reopening plan for the rest of the country

They’ve one person in ICU with it

1 Like

T’would be xenophobic to go after them shure.

Interesting podcast from The Irish Times with Aoife McLysaght of ISAG during the week.

The key point for me was when Hugh Linehan asked had any country in Europe done a good job and Aoife replied not from her point of view. Aoife stated that she thought the opportunity for Zero Covid to be guaranteed was last summer when cases were low.

Linehan then mused on about whether it was ever realistic that a shaky incoming coalition gov (or caretaker) would go back on 30 years plus of European alignment to implement a full on travel quarantine to all incoming flights while the rest of Europe was opening up - provoking EU rage and at the same time they would undermine several years of Brexit arguments by looking to quarantine/stop all incoming travel from the UK common travel area and NI (while the Brexit arguments were still raging and in the balance) all while cases were extremely low. Surely that was never going to happen in the real world he asked?

Aoife said that we had shown we were brave before with the smoking ban so therefore all of the above could have happened too :joy:

13 Likes

Sad that its come to this, but they appear to be a county with a disproportionate number of fucking idiots.

Ulster was always full of informers

“Now we are opening I call on Dublin City council to reduce traffic speed and flow on merrion row so everyone can SEE we are open.”

Fuck sake.

A remarkable woman

3 Likes

She’s on that RTE speed dial

The reclusive Ms Murphy comes blinking into the light

She wants to pedestrianise Merrion Row.

I don’t think They have any outdoor space.

They’ve no indoor space either

1 Like

That location has been the death knell for many a restaurateur over the years. It’s one of those places that no matter who goes in there they can’t make a go of it. It was Rubicon for a while and Galligans Famous Dublin Bistro for another while and a few more that I can’t remember.

1 Like

They didn’t have the connections Gina has

1 Like

She’s been there around 10 years at this stage?