Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

There was a fella from the restaurants association (or some such crew) who were meeting with the Government today about reopening on with Sarah McInerney there. Sweet jesus it’s no wonder we’ve no indoor dining if he was the one representing them. Fucking hell, I still don’t know what he was talking about.

Anyway the gist of the talks is Tony won’t allow antigen testing and since he runs the country it’s off the table. Instead the government is going to send everyone vaccinated a letter, a fucking letter :smiley: and they’ll be allowed go indoors for a pint if they have the letter. Tony won’t trust lads not to be smearing their antign tests with butter, but an auld letter is safe as houses.

Anyway vaccine apartheid on it’s way.

Adrian Cummins?

Wouldn’t they just download their EU compliant vaccination cert instead of a personal letter from Tony? Would save him a lot of work.

I don’t really understand why the Archbishop is so opposed to EU harmonisation on the different certs.

The technology won’t be in place in time. Now the man was so confused I wouldn’t rely on anything he said

Yes that rings a bell. He also seemed to using a toaster to join the call which didn’t help

Isn’t there an easy solution for those that fear indoor dining and indoor bars?
Don’t go into them.

7 Likes

:joy::joy:

Boris just after ordering all strip clubs in England to be open by the 19th. Proper wartime leader.

1 Like

Cribbin from the Publicans on the news there. Stone useless as well.

We are going down a dangerous route with this vaccinated vs unvaccinated. We are not too good with ending temporary measures. Just open it up and if people want to go out let them.

1 Like

Limerick has some very popular twitter heads mad to publicly shame folk for a few likes. We saw it a few weeks ago when the hysteria was on the great city. One thing I’ll give the carkies. They would never do that to their own people and city

1 Like

I don’t understand it. If you want to stay under bed stay under your bed. Let the people who want to go back to living get on with it.

We are sort of stuck in no mans land for months now.

7 Likes

Full stadiums in England in two weeks time while we are standing above in trees looking over the fences to watch a club game.

We’ve lost the plot.

16 Likes

Peeking over the bushes at your neighbors is the Irish way.

Its coercion no more no less. If things open fully vaccine take up will drop off drastically in the younger cohort. NPHET can’t give an inch because if things open up and there’s no big spike in hospitalisations and deaths they will be toothless.

1 Like

Exactly. Leave it up to people to make that decision. Now they are talking about waiting till we have 80% vaccinated. If they open up its only the unvaccinated that need to worry about covid.

“I’d like one pint please”

“Do you have a letter from the Archbishop allowing you to have one?”

8 Likes

They would be lucky to get into the establishment to actually order a pint.

They will probably have some dingy shed or something out back with a hole in the ground for a toilet for those unvaccinated.

Sounds like a great weekend.