Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

@Cheasty tells some great stories of being on Hill 16 on the big days in Croke Park or travelling Europe following the boys in green.

@Cheasty Is a bollix and a dangerous one at that @Rocko .Hes right about everything until he changes his mind a few years later and everybody else is wrong.

7 Likes

Mental

Years for Australians overseas without seeing family

3 Likes

Next door neighbour hasnā€™t seen her daughter or grand daughter since July 2019 ā€¦

1 Like

If you spend 24 hours a day in your room ranting about right wing rar rar trump rar rar culture war rar rar trump rar rar right wing etc then lockdown doesnā€™t seem so bad. For others it is devastating but right wing culture wars etcā€¦

18 Likes

My mother in law is in her 80s

Every year that my wife canā€™t go home isnā€™t good

12 Likes

Itā€™s fcukin terrible ā€¦

Good for my carbon footprint though

5 Likes

I know a number of people who have travelled from Ireland to Australia and vice versa over the past 6 months.

Quarantine here remains mandatory though.

1 Like

yep, go to oz for a month and spend 2 weeks of it in quarantine that costs 4k

Itā€™s disgusting

1 Like

Iā€™ve an Aussie mate in the same boat here. Mother from Derry and well into her 80ā€™s now.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a lady called Eilish Oā€™Regan writing about covid in the indo.

She is their merchant of doom. A lovely non specific effort today regarding a surge in A&E admissions.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot of concern in government circles at the ā€œspillover effectā€ of delta spread in the UK.

The solution to this growing concern about the large well of delta next door?

Apply MANDATORY HOTEL QUARANTINE to Kyrgyzstan.

4 Likes

Itā€™s very much lads like yerself that have the obsession with perpetuating a culture war.

I read that, the headline story, containing no actual information.
Lots of talk of surges and possibilities.

Thatā€™s the worry from now on - any pressure on health system (and itā€™s always under pressure in the winter) and restrictions can be imposed to save lives and sure who can argue against saving lives.

Itā€™s under pressure now in the middle of summer never mind the winter.

Thereā€™s very little else I think about truth be told :crazy_face:

1 Like