Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

I won’t be in the first wave of those vaccinated. They’ve rushed this through if rumours of a pre- Christmas roll out are true.

1 Like

AstraZeneca said it hoped the vaccine may be ready for limited use within the coming months. “We anticipate efficacy read-outs from phase 2/3 trials between now and the end of the year, and if approved within countries, doses of the potential vaccine could be available for use before the end of the year,” said the spokesperson.

2 working ones pre year end would be great, fingers crossed. If you can even vaccinate some of our healthcare staff and nursing homes it would dampen the hysteria a bit.

Level 3 kicked in right around when it should. A bit of EXPONENTIAL decay now and we’ll be open quicker than the 6 weeks

I’m hopeful that they move back to level 3 after 4 weeks.

3 Likes

All of us?

The Covid app now has the electoral area breakdown 14 day rate so those in the Newcastle West district can sneer at Adare Rathkeale

1 Like

Personally, I don’t think they’ll jump through the levels, they might unwind things like the 5km restrictions slowly etc. Back to 10km and then county like the last time.

They may as well tear up that living with covid plan

It causes an antibody response apparently, but there’s lies, damn lies, medical statistics with big money involved, and the reporting of it.

They need to try to get retailers back open before Black Friday sales…

You’d want your head examined to take these rushed through vaccine, a proper vaccine takes at least 4 years to develop safely

1 Like

Only took the Russians 4 weeks

Sure they knocked up the Chernobyl plant in jig time.

I read that the vaccine stated aim is to mitigate symptoms and not prevent infection. Seems a low baseline if true.

Any workable vaccine will mitigate the hysteria.

I think they will too before we get locked down from Christmas to coincide with school holidays.

1 Like

There’s lots of “may” and “might” in there too, but who knows.

1 Like

If I can’t go to dingle for Christmas I will cry.

We’re here for you.

Your blood carries the memory of every pathogen you’ve ever encountered. If you’ve been infected with the coronavirus, your body most likely remembers that, too.

This is how immunity to viruses generally works: The initial encounter with a pathogen — typically in childhood — surprises the body. The resulting illness can be mild or severe, depending on the dose of the virus and the child’s health, access to health care and genetics.

A mild illness may trigger production of only a few antibodies, and a severe one many more. The vast majority of people who become infected with the coronavirus have few to no symptoms, many experts believe, and those people may produce a milder immune response.

But even a minor infection is often enough to teach the body to recognize the intruder.
“Even if their antibodies wane below the limits of detection of our instruments, it doesn’t mean their ‘memory’ is gone,” Dr. Mina said.

A small number of people may not produce any antibodies to the coronavirus. But even in that unlikely event, they will have so-called cellular immunity, which includes T cells that learn to identify and destroy the virus. Virtually everyone infected with the coronavirus seems to develop T-cell responses, according to several recent studies.