Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

Senior Hurling

1 Like

We won’t be allowed out the front door if those numbers were here

Holohan would cum all over himself with those numbers, then he would be able to lock people in their homes and have the patrols out taking out anyone that opens their front door.

1 Like

This is simply not credible and by extension NPHET are not credible. They are engaging in significant creative accounting with their figures. Reports yesterday of patients in hospital with covid as opposed to patients in hospital because of Covid also an example. What they are saying about schools goes totally against the grain of what is being found to be the experience with covid in schools internationally. The definition of a close contact is farcical and ever changing.

3 Likes

We are expecting more restrictions to be announced in the next couple of days. I’d say the primary schools and kindergartens will finally close.

On top of that there are going to be millions of people around the country protesting today about the Courts deciding last week to restrict abortion provisions. Churches being picketed and occupied. High jinks. I’m not sure how they thought ruling on such an emotive issue during a pandemic was a good idea.

1 Like

When it happens in the schools it’s community transmission nothing to see here.

Travel related suddenly there is 100 cases associated with it.

NPHETs use of the word “likely” is fairly telling. They are either deliberately obfuscating or just incompetent. I think it is a bit of both.

A lot of both.

What better time than when you can bate the protestors off the street for breaking social distancing rules etc

Could be time to revisit water charges :thinking:

If they lay one finger on a protestor there will be war. Very nervy here at the moment.

He was a very flawed person and occasionally arrogant but I think sneery is the wrong word. He was an active participant until he moved to Dublin. Every writer has to become an observer.

“when the angel woos the clay” seems clearcut enough.

NPHET were locked into this by Martin over the summer. His number one goal is to keep schools open.

I’m happy to see that but this just further undermines them. We know older kids will transmit it whether in the school or immediately outside school.

A mate who is a teacher at secondary level told me you need to be in the room with a case for two hours to be considered a close contact (@backinatracksuit might be able to confirm). If that’s the case, very few teachers would have the same student in the room for two hours.

Seems to me that NPHET or the HSE are determined teachers won’t be considered close contacts. Very irresponsible considering there’s a “deadly virus” about

7 Likes

They have not pursued the Long Covid agenda anymore and media have stopped wheeling out teenagers because they know it will be used by unions and with good reason. I am glad schools are open but you see the bullshit from NPHET a mile off. If they cant be trusted and lack transparency no one will pay heed to them anymore.

The 15 minute rule was some cod.

Have you any data on the experience of other countries re schools?

A lot of young teachers living in Dublin and other parts of the country with rent pressures will live at home with elderly parents. The message that NPHET are purporting is that schools are really of minimal or inconsequential risk and that any cases arising there are as a result of external community influences. This flies in the face of what is being reported internationally. This is quite irresponsible messaging from NPHET. Although if pupils are at home and not in school where would these parents who work as part of NPHET find time to peddle their nonsense.

2 Likes

At the moment i would have all my pupils in class with me for 6 hours, i cover one lunch break every day so i only escape them for 20 minutes, if it’s raining we’ll be lucky to get outside the four walls,
I don’t give a shit, but I’m sure others would have concerns about their parents etc.
As i mentioned before, teaching is not a very enjoyable profession during covid.
I’m spending a good part of this week upskilling in google classroom and prepping for a closure that now looks unlikely again :smiley: