Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

Seriously, do you think NPHET are keeping the schools open so they can send their kids out? If the schools close thatā€™s a good shot of the essential workforce who canā€™t go to work, including nurses and doctors etc

Here is the data from the ECDC

Seems in line with what NPHET are saying

1 Like

For the 2 weeks mentioned above the number of cases reported in the 5-14 age group was about the same as the 55-64 age group. 9 of the 5-14 age group were hospitalized whereas 45 of the 55-64 's were hospitalized.

Surely they have to play these games because of the sense (likely correct) that the various teaching unions are looking to hop all over this if given the chance.

Edit: In case I give the impression that Iā€™m having a cut of teachers here that wasnā€™t my intention. I think the leadership of their Unions often badly lets them down.

the majority of cases still happening in the 15-64 range which is good to see. 78% of all cases in those age brackets.

the document mentioned in the article was provided in response to questions from the teachers unions.

In terms of public relations?

Iā€™d consider them one of the stronger unions in terms of looking out for their members interests.

Remember the Aussie Flu back in winter 2017/018 guys?

I had a bad dose of it at the time, bed bound for 3/4 days.

Deaths in the O6 in Jan 2018 were 2,101.
Deaths in the O6 for April 2020 were 1,905 when Covid deaths were at their peak.

2 Likes

the average for January going back to 2006 is 1593, January 2018 was 2101
the average for April going back to 2006 is 1291, April 2020 was 1933

so in January 2018 was 31% worse than an average year
April 2020 was 49% worse than an average year. Despite lockdowns and measures etc etc.

So what youā€™re saying is Covid is slightly less dangerous than a bad winter flu?

yes, if measures are put in place to stop it. If not, it is far, far deadlier

1 Like

Nothing really to back that up.

Yup. Start enhanced contact tracking in September as they get a little bit of heat and need to flag a superspreder at a restaraunt. The same month that contact tracing resources were being stretched behind the scenes.

Their only game is fear and talking down to people.

1 Like

What European countries apart from Sweden, have an approach we could be looking to follow?

After a brief respite from this sort of nonsense, here we go again

I have, here is deaths from Europe for all ages going back a few years. The first wave is significantly higher than anything else

Iā€™m seeing a bunch of squiggles.

Are you going to bother giving any context?

you didnā€™t bother give context with your numbers did you, or even give an interpretation.

Itā€™s quite simple that graph, that is all the deaths in Europe per week going back to 2017. You can see how significantly higher the deaths were in an around the first wave in 2020

I did.

2,101 deaths in the O6 in January 2018 when the Aussie flu hit our shores.
1,905 deaths in the O6 in April 2020 when Covid was at its peak

Thatā€™s context, itā€™s there in the original post.

Whereā€™s your context and why did you crop out the axis?

that isnā€™t context. Thatā€™s numbers.

the context surrounding the graph I provided is that covid is deadlier than the flu, like you proved it with your numbers.

It is context.

Can you explain why there were more deaths in the O6 in Jan 2018 than April 2020?

there were more deaths in January than April every year from 2006 to 2020. In April 2020 there was higher percentage of deaths for April than in January 2018 for January.

April 2020 was a worse month for deaths than January 2018.

To answer your question with regard to January 2018, it is impossible to answer because there is no breakdown of how people died.