Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

I knew it was FF. Even when I said it wasnā€™t I still knew.

Luckily in true Limerick fashion it was the travellers who went to war with the virus instead.

1 Like

Jayses lads, you know wha?. Iā€™d ate a feed of spuds now so I would

MĆ­cheĆ”l says ā€œpeopleā€™s right to protest peacefully must be respectedā€. In Belarus. Over here, itā€™s met with a ā‚¬500 fixed notice charge. Figure that one out.

5 Likes

We need to pray for a vaccine cos we have absolutely no plan otherwise. Opening and shutting until infinity isnā€™t a plan.

2 Likes

20156 cases here today and 301 deaths. Really knocking it out of the park.

I for one appreciate your morning update of the The Pole Position Mr Balbec. Makes it seem not so bad here for a bit each morning.

It bother me that daily case totals are reported everywhere, rather than some sort of per head of population metric. Without the context of the size of the population the case totals per day are meaningless.

Itā€™s not that difficult to work out, mate.

5 Likes

Iā€™m after a lovely coffee there from Kelly Lou, has perked me Right up.

1 Like

The 14 day rate here is 400+

Lockdowns are a plan

Equally so where there seems to be lags causing a relatively low number and then a shocking high one in consecutive days.

It is. Its laid out in the living with covid plan. Itā€™s just not a plan you agree with

The living with COVID plan has been modified so much itā€™s effectively been scrapped

In fairness to Nphet it appears that they got ahead of the curve early here and asked to put in place the measures that the rest of Europe are only putting in place now. If Leo and Co had listened to them at the time instead of going off on an ego trip weā€™d probably be at the end of the current lockdown instead of in the middle of it, but we are where we are.

1 Like

That is a good point.

Thank God Leo and Co held them off as long as they did or theyā€™d have gone too early and weā€™d be heading for the 3rd wave already.

3 Likes

I do think that Level 3 restrictions were a good idea but I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything to suggest weā€™d be nearly out of it by now if we went to Level 5 earlier

Covid numbers were 517 cases on 5 October when Leo had his hissy fit on Claire Byrne. They were 1031 on 19 October when we went into Level 5. Double what they were two weeks earlier. They are 675 now, 10 days later. I would think at least 3000 people have become infected because the government didnā€™t follow Nphetā€™s advice.