Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

This will allow a further EY partner to come in afterwards to audit the process later down the line. He’ll make recommendations for a further EY partner to commission a report allowing an EY guy to implement them. EY will then audit that failure

1 Like

Will she be held to account for her failings in the role?

Forgive my ignorance but what’s EY

Nursing homes now going public to try to shame the authorities into helping them.

40 per cent die within first nine months

1 Like

Anecdotally, I don’t know how true this is, but I’ve read on other forums that after x years as a nurse Breda is promoted to manager. Each time this happens someone with nursing skills leaves the front line, creating a shortage as all the grads head overseas, meanwhile Breda is now a superfluous manager, who may not even have any management skills and sits next to Bridie doing the exact same job.

That’s pathetic. Imagine if your mother or father was in that place.

1 Like

I hear a lot of shops and retail businesses have remained open on basis the likes of Woodies and Tesco are open and selling non essential items.

The old Ernst & Young. Big 4 Accountancy/Consulting practise. Ex-auditors of Anglo …

1 Like

Woodies sell workwear.

• outlets selling safety supplies (including work-wear apparel, footwear and personal protective equipment), whether on a retail or wholesale basis.

All a shop has to do is sell some masks and dungarees to stay open so

Sure the Journal is basically a jumped up online student newspaper. Staffed almost exclusively by uber woke types.

6 Likes

Full list here > https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/60ecc-essential-retail-outlets-for-level-4/

Link says level 4 but says on page it applies to Level 5 :roll_eyes:

It’s a cod.

I went into Gamestop yesterday regarding my Xbox pre order. Nothing confirmed yet but it seems like it’ll be delivered.

Smyths are still doing a click and collect service I think.

And it wasn’t her job to keep government informed.

I saw that re Smyths. Christmas will be saved once I can collect the PS5 for Santa.

It’s appalling that the state still gives them business. They should be blacklisted.

That’s terrible, but surely nursing homes should have procedures in place to stop infectious diseases in general? Does normal flu affect them similarly?