Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

Another comedian

Ha ha ha.

All that roster sounds great. But what do you do when infection rates reach a certain level? Just keep going?

Do you believe in ‘herd immunity’?

You did not address my point about a de facto rolling lockdown, via close contacts, within a non lockdown.

I see the HSE are looking for volunteers to test the antigen tests. That’s hilarious. So it is.

I’ll have €20 on the eldest.

I suffered the indignity of being sent to Moyle Rovers GAA ground for a test on Stephens day. Bad enough having being sent for a test due to the inability of a young neighbour to keep his power dry a few days before Christmas but to be sent to Tipp for it bate all. Anyway I arrives at 1 o clock and not a sinner to be found in the place. About a quarter of an hour later a young army lad arrives on with about €40 worth of grub out of Supermacs in the Pajero. “They’re at the dinner” he roars out the drivers window. 4 testers insider at the dinner and the whole show shut down for an hour, what else would you expect. Anyway I boiled away in the car til 2 when out they came. The aul bitch couldn’t resist the “home of hurling dig” as she drove the yoke half way up into my brain. Anyway ne’er a sign of Covid with me and the young fella up the road looking to come down for bottles. Told him if I’d see him this side of Paddy’s day I’d drive a sprong up his hole

55 Likes

Post of the year :clap:

1 Like

You’ve been properly mugged off there.

you are assuming the test and result was accurate!

Why do I have visions of your wan off Kilanaskully shoving the swab down your nose with grease stained fingers?:rofl:

Fair fucks to her, she didn’t give you half enough of it.

7 Likes

Seems to be working in japan…though a healthy elderly population is probably a significant factor…high levels of vitamin d in particular.

Of course I believe in ‘herd immunity’

It’s very hard to know what to make of infection rates given that they’re based on a dodgy recently recalibrated pcr test and a redefinition of what constitutes a ‘case’.

Without openness regarding age, cause of death, ethnicity etc it’s hard to know what tony etc are at.

The continued use of lockdowns may have as much to do with an inability for any medical advisor or politician to address the greatest clusterfuck ever witnessed by humanity…letting the elderly die alone, the ruination of economies, starvation, suicide, inappropriate and often fatal use of ventilation, being led a merry dance by a few chinese lads with fake twitter accounts etcetc. All for a seasonal virus which probably isn’t any worse than than other worst flu years of the last 20 years…one which we’ve already witnessed waxing and waning with the seasons.
OIUTF

9 Likes

:joy:

If you are going to make a claim that lockdowns “undeniably work” and lower case numbers, hospitalizations and deaths, then you have to back it up with evidence rather than stating it as fact.

The theory that western style lockdowns work appeals to the “common sense” idea that the spread of an infectious disease can be controlled by mass quarantine. The problem is that not alone has it never been seen in human history, in study after study the evidence is that lockdowns don’t help and opening up after lockdown doesn’t make things worse. There have been large scale studies done comparing US states and comparing European countries, and they all show the same results. Why that is is an entirely different question, and one I freely accept isn’t understood. There are a massive number of variables at play, but the conclusion is clear that western style lockdowns don’t work and persisting with them is insanity.

That’s before getting into all the other negative effects of mass lockdowns, the economic destruction, catastrophic drop in cancer screenings and treatment, impact on child development, domestic abuse and mental health, etc.

3 Likes

Utter rubbish, by any lights. You debase any nuanced points with such dangerous nonsense.

Try telling that rubbish to ‘long Covid’ sufferers all over the place. Or do you reckon they are all liars? Do you?

And, again, nothing about de facto rolling lockdown.

So you believe, in essence, nothing should have been done: ‘Move on, nothing to see but a flu.’

This craic is disturbing, Gemma O’Doherty type stuff.

And: why would the vulnerable need to be protected if this phenomenon is just another little flu… Mad.

But, yeah, you know best. The world has lacerated itself, socially and economically, because it could not see what some middle-aged men on an Irish discussion forum could see with their eyes closed.

Quite mad.

2 Likes

Science does not address “why” questions, nor is it concerned with belief. If you are interested in belief, religion is your man.

Developing immunity at the individual and societal level is the only way out of this, whether that immunity exists already as it does is many people, is developed by infection and recovery, or via a vaccine. Lockdowns are not just ineffective, they are also counterproductive as they maintain a large healthy population who have no immunity. The price of mass quarantine is what we are seeing now, individuals with weakened immune systems due to being locked up all summer and a wildly infectious virus at the worst possible time (winter).

Nobody is arguing social distancing should not be recommended, or events cancelled, or other sensible measures. The argument is with those who believe lockdowns work when the evidence is they don’t work, or at least confer no benefit.

1 Like

Pay 4k to kilmartin school in 6th year you’ll get 500 points . Let kids enjoy their childhood play with their toys not learning maths at home .

It’s not a little flu. It’s probably about as dangerous as the worst flu we haven’t locked down for previously.

No one seems to know much about long covid…but I still feel my lungs a bit from the flu I had in 2013, never really thought it worth mentioning tbh. I only know one person I know with long covid…if nothing else it’s taken her mind off her ME.

3 Likes

Looking forward to a snow day here in east Munster

I had a walk in test this evening in Peckham. They nearly drove out of my skull. They auld fucker drew blood. Its horrendous what they are doing to people. It’s the complete lack of humanity in the process that gets me

1 Like