Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

2 Likes

The Mort looking to invade Wooly’s niche as a Covid commentator.

His oul’ fella died from it. Caught it in the same hospital my oul’ fella did.

He seems to be suggesting with those figures that things aren’t as bad as is being made out. What’s the counter argument to that or why do you feel they are not being reported like that @Cheasty ?

Impossible to determine as the anomalies in the reported numbers could be an indication of people hospitalised because of Covid but yet to be tested, which indicates it’s making a large number of people sick enough to present at hospital, or people in hospital with a broken leg that happen to also have the virus present.

What an unbelievable scumbag Didier Raoult is.

I’m even more confused after reading that :grinning:

Just after hearing of someone who is abroad and has tested positive, they still plan to fly home as scheduled because they have been vaccinated.

We are screwed.

1 Like

Covid admissions have been consistently higher than Covid discharges. More people are flowing into hospitals than flowing out of them.

That’s why there’s a problem. Hospitalisations accumulate, like a traffic jam.

Some of them die. That’s a problem.

Some people who are in hospital for something unrelated to Covid catch Covid in hospital.

That’s a problem.

It’s all a problem.

What we have seen frequently for the last 19 months is mental gymnastics to try and portray something that is a problem as something that is not a problem.

I don’t know why people do this. It’s basic denial of reality.

Look pal, it’s not a problem. It’s a wee flu. don’t be a fuckin snowflake. Man up!

1 Like

Leaky vaccines are going to be a big problem.

The unvaccinated are our biggest problem. They drive the pandemic. Everybody will need to be vaccinated at least three times.

Don’t blame me, I didn’t create the virus, I just deal in reality.

As an unvaccinated member of society , I think you’re wrong. Look. You’re going to take the FFG line of vaxx passes.in your heart of hearts you don’t want to take away civil liberties but, but…

I think we both know that the unvaxxed transmission is now the same as the fully vaxxed and we’re facing a difficult winter.

Totally agree with you on that. I couldnt be happier with my decision to be not be vaxxed either looking at the CSO website over the weekend.

That, and never having had Covid surely means I’m doing something right.

All these are 100pc a problem… but what is the story with the figures he’s highlighted? Id love to see them addressed. Not addressing them only leads to suspicion and feeds conspiracy theories. Just because someone is questioning some parts of the official narrative doesn’t mean they automatically think the whole thing is a complete cod. It’s this type of attitude is making a fuck of everything on both sides. Leo varadkar said ages back he wanted to know the difference between the numbers in hospital because of covid and the numbers in hospital who have covid. I haven’t seen mention of it officially since apart from vague tweets like yer man’s?

1 Like

I’m not sure what the issue is?

The story is that when you have a high level of Covid in the community you will get hospital outbreaks.

And care home outbreaks.

If people want to believe conspiracy theories they will. That’s been obvious for a long time.

Varadker is a GP isnt he? He knows the craic.

You are not. You are more likely to get Covid than me, and if you do, it is likelier to be more serious than if I get it, and you are likelier to spread it to others.

I think the issue is just more clarity and transparency about the covid hospital figures that literally everything seems to hinge on. How many are sick in hospital with covid? Literally what varadkar looked for a while back. Maybe this isn’t any sort of issue but if not address it, put it to bed and shut people up.

19 months in though,

I havent had as much as a sniffle, imagine everyone did the same?

A mate of mine actually said you’d be better off getting it at this stage in order to be able to go to a pub or restaurant… I disagreed with that too.

Anywhere looking for papers to go into a pub or restaurant can get fucked.

You can thank all the selfless people that got vaccinated.