Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

Yes, it could be like a bad flu season.

Or like a very very very bad flu season?

1 Like

From when? The Spanish flu pandemic?

Was 17/18 a very, very bad flu season?

Up north, it was very similar in terms of fatalities with 17/18 last year.

Really? The flu in 17 / 18 killed as many as covid did last year? Id have thought covid was a much much much worse form of flu.

Here’s some data I prepared earlier.

Any questions let me know.

1 Like

Another big day of it lads

6 Likes

Brilliant. Never saw them stats. You’re measuring by excess deaths so?

Yes.

Sure we never mass tested for flu and never assigned deaths arbitrarily to a positive flu test in a defined period of time.

1 Like

Cool. So I presume you’re measuring the summer excess as well?

1 Like

No just the seasonal element. As I explained, the novelty of the virus was an anomaly so should be judged as exceptional.

Summer death figures in 2020 were quite similar to summer death figures in 2017 and were less in 2021.

It’s important we look at the data objectively here and not in the hysteria driven narrative.

I’m just curious as to why there was no hysteria from the Covid Ultras when people were dying in similar numbers every other year or every other few years?

Obviously the big anomaly there is April 2021 which was the novel element of Covid, every other month does not have a huge fluctuation with prior years.

1 Like

Cunt… I’m rumbled. I genuinely haven’t a clue though.

The great flu lockdown and flu masks in 17 saved countless more lives too.

2 Likes

A shit vaccine was actually the main reason listed for the deaths in 17/18.

Sound familiar?

The Office for National Statistics said flu and the ineffectiveness of the flu vaccine were key reasons for the rise of excess winter deaths in 2017-18.

The deaths occurred during the NHS’s most serious “winter crisis” for many years. A lack of staff and beds meant all types of health services, particularly hospitals, were unable to cope with both the number of patients needing treatment and the severity of many of their conditions.

1 Like

OK. Seems a little like you’re cherry picking the stats though then.
What metric will you use to offset the lack of deaths due to restrictions? I mean, the 2017/18 flu effectively got to play at home against Hamilton academicals who were weakened by injury whereas covid was up against travel bans and lockdowns etc. Like starting with ten men at ibrox with a baying crowd and two pro rangers referees. And a baying crowd. And a dodgy board skelping their own team for cash.

2 Likes

Everyone working from home and kids off from school in 2017 with pubs, restaurant, hairdressers etc all closed saved millions of lives in 2017/18…

1 Like

I wouldn’t cherry pick. I would look for anomalies and when you look over the past 10 years, the only real anomaly was April 2020 and that is explained by Covid 19 and the novelty impact of it.

Even that crazy period of April 2020 has less deaths than January 2018.

Covid has yet to surpass the deaths in a single month of the Jan 2018 figure, where over 2k deaths were recorded. Amazing that when we were in Jan 2018 and experiencing what were record deaths, that it got very, very little traction - no calls for lockdowns, restrictions, mask, vaccine passports etc. People just got on with and you have the flu deniers who there are many of around here trying to pretend flu cannot be a serious virus to deal with in the winter season. I think these people need educating.

1 Like

The Office for National Statistics said flu and the ineffectiveness of the flu vaccine were key reasons for the rise of excess winter deaths in 2017-18.

1 Like

But the crazy period of April 20 was during a full lockdown of the entire society in order to combat it? So its numbers weren’t as high as they would have been? Nor may nor June July. Or any of the following months. Then there were further lockdowns in winter 20/21. How will you offset the lockdown impacts?

And the crazy period of Jan 2018 had a vaccine that was administered to vulnerable categories of society.

Vaccines are available this winter in the north, society is currently fully opened up with very minimal restrictions. Will they fare worse than the winter flu season of 17/18? We will see.

I’ve made the point that we had huge excess deaths in 17/18. Why was it barely commented about at the time? Why was there no calls for lockdowns, restrictions, masks, coercing non vulnerable categories into getting a vaccine.

1 Like