Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

You can “tell me” as many times as you like. You can howl at the moon for all I care. It doesn’t change the epidemiological facts. It doesn’t change the fact that there was a proven right way and a proven wrong way to deal with the pandemic, and most of the world broadly chose the wrong way.

You can repeat this as often as you like and you’ll still be wrong. We don’t live in a lab pal.

Sound. I will. No we don’t live in a lab. Which is why I’ve never been in favour of lab solutions or fantastical ones pulled out of yer arse which are popular with dunderheads on a forum, like you have, but real world ones.

The real world where no EU country pursued this policy because it’s impossible?

The real world.

Not the fantasy world where the virus respects EU borders.

The real world where no country with a land border, no country on our continent, pursued this policy?

The virus never cared about your 2019 normality delusions. It still doesn’t. It is what it is. You either dealt with the reality of what it is, or you paid the penalty.

But hey, Mark Paul sounded as if he knew what he was talking about.

You’re getting there. The reality of the world we live in made, makes, zero covid impossible.

1 Like

Zero Covid was emphatically the epidemiolgically correct choice.

And in a pandemic of this seriousness, there is no other choice.

Yet again, repeating it and nauseum won’t make it true. It’s incompatible with the real world. It was rejected by every EU country, NPHET, and the WHO. It’s a pity everyone qualified to be in a position of powe and all the experts advising them rejected your policy.

1 Like

I think it says a lot about your attitude to this pandemic that the people you are most angry with are the people who were emphatically epidemiologically correct.

As has been said many times by smart people, selfishness, greed and a non-adult approach to governance will prolong this pandemic much longer than necessary.

A non-adult approach you have been in favour of all along.

Selectively picking out the tiny subsection of out of sync “experts” that agree with your view is the kind of craic right wing gobshites do. The vast majority of experts reject what you’re advocating as impossible. Zero covid as a possibility in this part of the world has been entirely debunked and rejected.

1 Like

Except it was entirely possible. The real world proved it. And it was only human decisions that deemed otherwise.

Again, I return to your anger over this reality being pointed out and I return to where you spewed your anger.

Not at the let it rip crowd, or the disinformation merchants, or the demagogues. But at the people who pointed out epidemiological reality, also known as reality, and they didn’t even have to be Zero Covid advocates. Anybody who threatened the magical thinking of a fantastical 2019 reality in 2020 or 2021.

Pints, pints, pints, holidays, holidays, holidays. Death, death, death.

1 Like

Wrong. The opposite of reality.

Zero covid advocates are disinformation merchants.

OK Tossy.

2 Likes

Will we be back in lockdown by October do you think ?

The resignation was nothing to do with Covid. It’s opportunistic mischaracterisation to suggest otherwise.

4 Likes

There is too many unknowns with respect to variants and vaccine effectiveness to be certain about anything. I would not bet against it though.

1 Like

More likely to see Nphet on stage at EP

1 Like

I can’t predict that, it depends on political decisions. My current view is that it is unlikely we will go back to Level 5 in the near future but some restrictions may happen at some point sooner or later. The business lobbies are undoubtedly winning the battle v public health. It depends how bad the surge of cases and deaths gets.

NI has had the worst case rates in the world over the last week or two. It is difficult to see how that does not spread down here in the near future.

Longer term it depends on how much vaccine immunity wanes and whether a new variant emerges and how much seasonality may prove to be a factor if any. It also may depend on what if any non-pharmaceutical interventions we use as a society. Currently the likely answer appears to be: not much.

I expect this will be a very confusing, uncertain and frustrating winter, which will likely not have the mass death of last winter, but a relentless lower level chug chug of death and illness.

2 Likes