Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

The death and hospitalisations rate for obese people pre Covid is shocking.

Public health should focus on obesity crisis when this is over.

3 Likes

I think it is important to distinguish between hospital admissions and net hospital admissions/discharges or bed occupancy. Anyway we will learn a lot pretty soon. They seem to be out the gap on 19th come what may.

2 Likes

That’s another lie. You posted a link to a review of EU countries and only two do what you say they do. Why are you lying?

1 Like

Delta now the most dominant strain in the country. “We’re not going to stop this” was how Tony Holohan put it.

Any last argument for the Hotel Quarantine is now surely gone?

2 Likes

My GP was blunt enough with me earlier when I asked his opinion.

“ it’s in the community, not the hospitals “ keep vaccinating

There was never a valid reason for it, now the fig leaf they were hiding behind is gone. Outrageous it’s still in existence.

George Lee having an absolute rare aul time there on the news. His mojo is back.

1 Like

He probably thought you were wumming him

1 Like

Sarah McInerney just got badly caught out.

1 Like

How so?

She must have been sitting with Scare Byrne in the canteen today.

How dare you!

Tony is incoming…… :popcorn:

I hope this RTE Investigates program later is going to go after these nursing homes….

At this stage, it appears what happens in the UK will have a big influence on the Government’s approach. England opened indoor hospitality on 17th May but with the Delta variant surging through the country the link between case numbers and hospitalisations will be closely monitored. If hospitalisations remain relatively low this might encourage the Irish government to open indoor hospitality.

2 Likes

I think the real issue with Delta here is going to be the 15 - 24 age group.

Forget the next round being 30 - 34 age bracket and get stuck into younger people ASAP.

Shockingly sad case of a Covid-19 death on the Six One news now. His poor wife.

I wonder how much delta we’re getting from the uk. Probably comparatively more than they got from India. That’ll be us fucked.

Vaccinate the carriers, younger people.

1 Like