Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

Stop using suicide as a reason to Open bookies & start back horsie racing pls.
You are a crass wum.

4 Likes

IT people have a notoriously questionable work ethic.

1 Like

Did you not see Harris solve the Easter bunny issue?

Did a bit of a scan of RIP. Ie there this morning. After a while you begin to get an idea of where the nursing homes with clusters are.

Back to normal? Jesus Christ, the vast majority of lads on here would have a meltdown. I know it’s a cliché, but it would be fascinating to watch.

You haven’t compared the death rates from Italy to a normal year like here. Or Spain or France. Which is the data you’re using to downplay the measures here.

Let me ask you one genuine question.

If there wasn’t a genuine risk to public health, why would almost every nation on the advice of experts, lock down their countries, knowing the consequences? They have access to more data than you, and they had it before you or I.

3 Likes

Its questionable if they ever really had any to begin with

You are denying mental health is a problem by saying lock down has no effect on these people. You are the selfish one that can you can’t understand the difficulties many people are going through. The blood will be on governments hands if it turns out we stayed in lock down too long and we lost many people because of it. We will have to learn to live with this virus. Not hide from it.

Terribly selfish attitude on display here.

1 Like

Lot of lads here would have supported apartheid or internment.

I thought that as well but they are talking about 4,000 people doing it soon enough. Those numbers seem quite mental given the number of cases we have as with only 3 contacts on average mentioned, you’d assume you’d get to them very quickly.

They had 60 doing it a few weeks ago and sounds like they were very underresourced with missing tracing.

Flesh this out further if you have a point at all.

If they didn’t contract trace in reality we’ve no idea where we are at.

Someone is telling lies anyway.

That’s disrespectful to people with mental health issues. Please use a different adjective.

4 Likes

Stop pretending you suffer mental health issues. A functioning brain is needed which rules you out. What you have is called frustration.

The mind really boggles on this one. They want to give the guards more power in light of all the abuses of power that have taken place in recent years. Particularly highlighted in Maurice McCabe scandal. Again this is making unconstitutional laws to deal with a minority of people. Vast majority are law abiding. It seems draconian to me. Undoubtedly there will be a few over zealous guards who will revel in this new development.

In 1916 the average Age of death for a woman in Ireland 56. 1 in 12 died in child birth. We adapted and learned. In the 70s we averaged 2 road deaths a day with many less cars on the road than we have now. We didn’t all stop driving we learned to adapt and regulate. We won’t beat this virus by sitting in indefinitely and hoping it goes away. We will beat it by learning to live with and adapting to it very slowly but surely. People need to realise it isn’t going to vanish. It’s here now forever more.

1 Like

Nope, I am saying that it’s very low to jump on mental health and try and hijack it because some people are unable to deal with a little bit of hardship.

This is where we are at, everybody is suffering and it’s not a time to sit around feeling sorry for yourself. Unfortunately this is a generation who knows very little about graft, hardship and sacrifice - hopefully if there’s one positive after this is all over and done with that character will have been built and perspective will be gained as to what is really important in life.

5 Likes

Mate, seriously now. If the withdrawal symptoms are getting to you you can contact someone from Aiseiri via phone.

A chat with a professional could help get you through this.

It will be a few months of sport lockdown, now is a time to kick this habit. Your posting has been a bit off the walls since you returned from Cheltenham.

Think about it, forget Southern Italy.

1 Like