Cost of building

Would anyone hear have any idea of how much it would cost to build a modest 3 bed bungalow out the country. I have my own site, 1100 or 1200 square feet maybe. Budget would not be huge and i would be looking for a builder to do all, thanks.

I was told recently to work off around €100 per square foot but I don’t think that includes anything like planning, contributions etc.

Yeah, be around 100k so, tight enough on my budget.

www.scanhomes.ie

When selecting the builder be sure to pick the lad trying his best with small houses and not the massive contractor companies sucking the life out of the trade.

:rolleyes: I doubt Sisk or BAM are going to be chasing a 1200 sq ft one-off bungalow pal.

@Gman[/USER] and [USER=110]@Fran are the lads to ask here. Tagging them as they’re unlikely to read threads started by you, you spamming cunt

ha ha, thanks Mac.

Ah I was trying to link it to the BDO/PDC thing - with great success obviously.

I am reliably informed it is cheaper to buy than build in most country places. Obviously the fact that you have a site may alter that somewhat. But for hassle etc it’d be worth exploring

Just what the country needs. Another poxy rural bungalow.

If you have 100k to spend, then make the house 100k. Asking how much it would be to build a bungalow is like asking how much is a car.

What kind of construction are you going for?
What kind of heating system?
What kind of electrical work will you be needing?
What level of finishes are you going for?
What type of windows and spec?
Are you wanting to furnish the whole house?
Will you be doing the landscaping?
Will you do any of the work or know anyone to do stuff?
Where are you building? Planning contributions vary greatly across the country.
Have you an architect set up?

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 1078207, member: 112”]If you have 100k to spend, then make the house 100k. Asking how much it would be to build a bungalow is like asking how much is a car.

What kind of construction are you going for?
What kind of heating system?
What kind of electrical work will you be needing?
What level of finishes are you going for?
What type of windows and spec?
Are you wanting to furnish the whole house?
Will you be doing the landscaping?
Will you do any of the work or know anyone to do stuff?
Where are you building? Planning contributions vary greatly across the country.
Have you an architect set up?[/QUOTE]

+1

Traditional, D&B, management contracting or construction management?
Remeasurable or drawings and spec?

@farmerinthecity royally clamped there. :smiley: :smiley:

Well played @Mullach Ide :clap:

I can reliably inform you that in my recent experience buying a rural dwelling is not cheap. Anything in the €100k category will need minimum of another €50k to bring it up to spec with regards to insulation etc. Add to that the costs of furnishing & site maintenance and IMO there is better value building if planning permission can be obtained of course.

BDO-affiliated builders will charge a fair price for a treble bedroom, single bathroom, double lounge house. pdc-affiliated builders will by comparison charge an artificially inflated price for exactly the same work. If jimmy29 goes with a pdc-affiliate builder he’ll end up in a double 1 - a madhouse.

yeah would agree with that. plus you can build the house the way you want and to your own needs. house by me was sold for 100k, and I’d say 50k would only be a drop in the ocean to fix everything up in it.

You would really need to be buying an old cottage on an acre for €40 - €55k, gut it & build an extension to make it your own IMO. The standard of houses built in the last 15 years is beyond belief really. Poorly insulted, poorly wired, shit finishes with cheap windows, doors & fascia. The asking prices for 2 story - bungalows with 4 bedrooms will be minimum of €170k at this stage.

you could probably get some nama type houses in an estate outside of a small town or village for reasonable prices, but the construction of them might not exactly be top notch.

Question, pal.
Thinking of building a 4 bedroom house. Not overly gone on a 2 storey house, would like a bungalow. Lads in the trade maintain the cost of a high roof on a bungalow ( option of more space in an attic etc. ) is so much that building a 2 storey makes more sense. Opinion on this?

Also, if building a 2 storey house. Would you highly recommend pouring concrete on the first floor to keep down noise from upstairs? Okay it would cost a lot more I would imagine, but would it improve heat retention both upstairs & downstairs?