Cost of engineer for a house

You horrible prick.

I have planning got. Already paid him for that.

Sounds a bit expensive so. I suppose he thinks he can make his price because you got him for the planning.

I thought an Architect can certify? Either way Iā€™d have an architect involved. Some of the big grey boxes you see out the country are fookin desperate.

They will, yet just have to be an assigned certifier. Architectural technicians canā€™t sign off if going down the Bcar route.

ā‚¬4,500 isnā€™t bad. But as noted by @Loko_Cove, you should get an architect doing this rather than an engineer. Sounds like knowledge is lacking here, so an engineer will for the most part lob up any aul shite. An architect, if decent, would have some bit of input into a decent looking house.

I know of an architect who was charging ā‚¬40,000 for the post planning phase. It was a 350m2 house, a big timber frame kit box from kingspan, and this cunt was fleecing the clients. Worst thing was, he was only on it because he was friends with one of them.

If you donā€™t ask you will never receive. Easy work back, almost always impossible to look for more.

More power to him. :clap::clap:

Spot the car dealerā€¦

1 Like

Ah that was acting the bollix. They had a budget, and not only did he blow it completely with his design, making them pay kingspan for a design that would never meet their budget, he was fucking them over too with his own fees. Thereā€™s gouging and then there is being a robbing bastard. And to supposed friends too. Heā€™s been fucked off at least anyway, bit late but not completely screwed by him.

2 Likes

If you have an architect, do you not need an engineer?

Not necessarily. Depends on the type of build. If itā€™s just a basic build, on need for engineering. If there are serious excavations or big loads on the roof or walls, then youā€™d probably need one alright

It would be good practice

Iā€™ll do it for 4,499.

2 Likes

Country people have no taste, they love living in boxes as long as theyā€™re big.

As long as its big enough to have a walk in wardrobe for herself 'tis fine.

1 Like

And a big island in the kitchen.

1 Like

Typical townie cunts living in their little bland shoeboxes. Tis great to have the road frontage to build something with a bit of comfort and space.

5 Likes

Lovely bijou cottages 695k and a millstone for life

Townies and their ā€˜Box Roomsā€™ :smile:

5 Likes

And their ā€˜under the stairsā€™ storage :rofl:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve always enjoyed the ā€œhalf bedroomsā€ invariably provided in a town house.

1 Like