Coursing 2010/11 - The Road to Clonmel

Tuesday night and Wednesday definitely. I find any more than one night in company of degenerates like SS and his motley coursing crew could have serious long term repercussions.

Bobby Browne has actually got worse since last year Runt. He is now sporting the ā€˜Sickboyā€™ out of Trainspotting look.

Last I heard of the other fella he was smoking opium at Electric Picnic in a tent with a bird from Carlow. :lol:

Unfortunately Iā€™m not surprised by either of those revelations. What a denegerate pair.

Carlow like? Thatā€™s just wrong.

Great to see the rain over the last few days, itā€™s absolutely pelting down here in West Limerick for the last 48hrs, Kilflynn & Glin should hopefully be spot on, Thereā€™s no hope for that tarmac stretch in Liscannor though.

On the Clonmel night question, Tuesday night & Wednesday would be best Iā€™d say, Iā€™ll probably only get to stay down there one night again this year and itā€™ll be the tuesday.

Iā€™d also add a few more to HBā€™s excellent summary. The key to being successful at the fantasy coursing is to try and pick a couple out of left field that nobody else will have. Iā€™m not sure I have identified any in that category but hereā€™s a few worthy of note.

Kyle Basil - Led Bexhill Brian for 99% of their QF in the Irish Cup, doubts about whether he drives into the hare but his searing pace should be good enough to pick up a cup or two, will probably be out early, Iā€™d say theyā€™ll target the Desmond cup with him.

Carrowkeal Wally - Failed to win a TS last year, but was beaten in a controversial just up decision in the final of the Galbally TS by the aforementioned Kyle Basil. Ran a blinder in the Irish Cup until he was gruelled to a standstill, if he can recover from that he is more than capable of picking up some points throughout the year.

Jingles - Beaten finalist in a couple of trial stakes if memory serves me, he then won the champion puppy stake at the Tipp Cup meeting and looked very impressive in the process, his handler is a relative novice from Latvia but he seemed to get the grip of it as the year wore on, again Iā€™d say heā€™ll get his fair share of points.

The likes of Silent Turbo, Lisloose Eoin, Stiff Test & Tipoka could all be worth taking a look at also, these are the kind of dogs whoā€™ll be out early and often, so should pick up points.

:lol:

Will they both be in attendance next Saturday night?

The deadbeat refugee from Electric Picnic will be there. Not sure about Bobeen. He could be anywhere.

Super write ups there.

I suppose Glin at the start of next month is the most realistic starting point for the season for most of us?

Indeed Dunph.
I would hope to get back there on the Saturday at least.

Iā€™m hoping to take in something of it as wellā€¦

Regional is my Kick-Off date and will be hitting it will the heavy artillery (if they are any good) !!

Cant fooking wait lads, cant fooking wait.

Iā€™ll hopefully go to Kilflynn for a look, provided they get decent ground and a decent card. Will definitely make Glin & Regional so Iā€™ll keep an eye out for you HB.

Only 6days to go until Killflynn and Liscannor!!!

Hare up!

Have been offline for nearly two weeks, and the silence in this thread disapoints meā€¦

We are in for a serious start to all-age competition on Kilflynn. The cup has 6 TS winners and 6 ruā€™s.

The top half of the draw looks at first glance to be between Kyle Basil and Captain Dru, and Dru is one that I think will be a massive player this year. But it is far from that straight forward. Jingles, and very unlucky dog last year, and Qualityandgold are very good dogs. Oilean Fantasy ran up in Kilfynn last year before winning his TS and will also be a factor.

The bottom half has two very good Carrick Sam dogs, in Sold the Dream and Irelands Awake, but they are not the ones that the eyes will be on, Party Jay Cee was last years talking cup dog, coming from nowhere, until gruelled literally within and inch of his life in Patrickswell. Silent Turbo was the early season Derby fancy last year, `when scooting up the TS in Abbeydorney. Then we have Lisloose Eoin, from a contraversial Chubbys Ɠg litter, he won his TS well, and was beaten in a serios fast clock in clonmel, but went alright in Patrickswell, running up the plate beating Prevalence and Eshwary Brae.

In the TSā€™s there are some noteably bred dogsā€¦ The oaks has bitches out of Billa Og, Carrick Sam and Candy, Chubbys Accord & Cillowen Call. The derby is a reserve but has a dog out of Tango Time that were 6k as saplings, aswell as a Sullane Sign dog.

Liscannor is not as hot on paper, but the 16dog cup will take winning, Dougal Town is a tough competitor, and Begorrah is out of brood bitch of the year, Eoin Bui, but all eyes will be on King Saunders, he was the talking dog two years ago pissing up in Miltown MAlbay, but never really lived up to it, as an all age last year, and was poor. I liked lone boxer last year. TSā€™s will be decent, and keep and eye on the Multibetty, Ardnall Orla, Crafty Classico and Fingal Gosling pups.

Where will The Dunph be for the kick off? Kilflynn or Liscannor?

I am hearing that himself and Brian Divilly are currently arranging how they will divide their time, and as Divilly has the Crafty Classico pup in Liscannor the Dunph will be in Kilkflynn to make the presentaions.

Nice preview HangBlaa.

btw when is your friend Micko going to start posting?

Who is this Micko you speak of ?

Anyway, the actionā€¦ Wasnt at any of the coursing and have got some second hand information. Jingles, flagged here as one for the All Age scene this year ran up the cup in Kilflynn beaten by Sold the Dream (Multibet - Carrick Sam). A litter sister to my bitch pup ran up the Oaks TS, Ardfert Sandy (Multibet - Carrick Candy).

Tough aul warrior, Dougal Town got the final of the cup in Liscannor, withdrawn injured, and the cup went to Ballymore Jim, making it a good start to the season for Jayney Mac Aroo. As he also sired a TS winner, with Gypsy Rover. An onteresting one, as his Dam Moorstown Mia ran up the champion working members in Patrickswell in Febuary.

Heā€™s on your friends list thereā€¦

I presume yeā€™ll all be in attendance at Glin next weekend?

Iā€™ll be there Saturday & Sunday, the cup looks brilliant with 3 of the last 4 in the Derby lining up. Iā€™d be there Friday aswell if I could get off work.