CPA - Club Players Association

I’m doing a bit with this.

Touch and go what way it will go. I still have huge reservations about it.

But having spoke to yer man Declan and the fee reps, if they do what they are setting out to do, this could go nuclear

Ah Jaysus.

Who allowed that out. It’s like a Joe Duffy caller losing all sense of perspective.

It’s a hobby you can pack in whenever you like.

5 Likes

It’s also trying to find a national solution to local issues. You have 32 counties running 64 different championship structures, I don’t see how Croke Park are expected to fix it.

1 Like

You have to remember the GAA is bigger than dublin.

Somewhat related silly but sad story.
I heard last week that Briege Corkery and Philly McMahon did a gig in Offaly last year. While Briege spent 4 hours there, played with kids and spoke with passion about her desire and playing dual and what makes her tick McMahon spoke briefly about growing up in Ballymun and then sold a product for 20 mins. Apparently Birr and alot of Offaly/midland towns have serious drug issues, so they sent for McMahon.
Philly got 1k for his stress.
Brieges boyfriend, who tagged along for the drive, got 3 pints. Briege nothing.

Thats fucked. 250 each and travel and board if needed is all thats worth

Now partly Brieges fault. But GAA Clubs would want to cop the fuck on.

2 Likes

Move the All Irelands.

It has to be CP. Nonody else can fix it sure. Shit rolls downhill.

1 Like

Play club games without county players.

Problem solved.

1 Like

I tend to agree, and an awful lot of people are starting yo think that way.

Provincal councils are a massive problem.

I got the impression they are literally waiting for guys to die off. The GAA don’t want the provincial councils either, way too much power.

That should never ever happen.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of layers, clubs, divisions, counties, provinces and then Croke Park.

There is indeed.

That said, it isn’t neuro science or chartered accountancy we’re talking here.

A couple of hours with a spreadsheet would come up with a workable solution.

A takeover of County boards is what’s required. Who wants to do that though.

A big part of the problem and you see it in every club is that the very people you don’t want involved in administration are the ones who seek out the roles and the bit of “status” it gives them.

Applies to politics too.

That’s typical Kev bullshit right there. The anecdotal evidence, the canonisation of the Cork person, the demonisation of the Dublin person.

13 Likes

Fuck sake. It’s a hobby. Nothing more than that. You didn’t see social club runners, cyclists or tiddly wink pkayers looking for this sort of shit

2 Likes

That. Never. Happened.

6 Likes

Its pretty coincidental a Cork person was involved. It was an Offaly man telling me.

Have no issue with McMahon getting money, get what they’ll give you. But give value, people deserve value. But don’t fuck people around and all 3 should question themselves. BC should be demanding money (although i’m glad to see now she is getting something from Lidl), McMahon should blow the doors off the place fo0r that money, but the club are a shower of dopes.

1 Like

Oh ya, and Bernard Brogan asked for 3k for the same club for a similar gig.

It happened alright.

1 Like

Who’d give Briege Corkery a penny in fairness?

Lidl

1 Like

If it was a female player from Dublin getting nothing and Paddy Kelly or Aidan Walsh creaming the tax free money I’d love to see Kev’s reaction

3 Likes