Cristiano Ronaldo - Legend (But just not as good as Messi)

of course you would. thats not what I said though. I dont think he is the greatest finisher ever. Phenomenal goal scoring record and a great player. Doesnt necessarily also mean he is the greatest ever finisher.

None of the others have gone on to becoming a forum admin though. They didn’t look after their careers.

1 Like

He’s a brilliant finisher. What’s more, he’s made himself that by developing himself as a player throughout the years. The metric/argument you are talking about would need stats of shots had by fellas like greaves and the real Ronaldo. They just don’t exist and we only remember their goals, not their misses.
Ronaldo is the best header of a ball ever. Better than Pele, Jardel or Steve Bruce. It’s insane. His finishing on either foot is mostly clinical. And he seems unaffected by pressure in his later career. He’s still shit at frees though, which is weird, given that’s one of the most easily practiced areas.

3 Likes

Cristiano Ronaldo has finished below his xG in 5 of his last 6 seasons. Being a good goalscorer is a lot more to do with movement and positioning than finishing

1 Like

He’s a decent header of the ball but not near Didier Drogba’s prowess. Has a good jump on him however.

xG is for Wankers.

6 Likes

Thats grand, opinions differ. Again, I did not say he wasnt a brilliant finisher. I said I dont believe he is the greatest ever finisher to have played. It was a very specific item. You think he is the greatest finisher of all time, so be it.

Hard to disagree with the Italian’s take on it… Ronaldo gives you a chance and comes up with goals when needed but he’s still not in the conversation for GOAT. Maradonna, Ronaldo, Messi,. Zidane and Iniesta are way out in front of him.

Robbie Fowler is the greatest finisher of the modern era.

3 Likes

arjen robben is the coolest finisher i’ve ever seen. Time slowed down when he got a chance.

Suarez is the greatest player of the last 10 years.

Surely Levangoalski is the greatest finisher of the modern era?

2 Likes

Halaand needs a greater period of time, but you cant argue with his goal scoring record also. For a player that looks gangly and awkward, his goal to shot ratio is exceptional.

watch how he slows down… other lads speed up, he slows down. It’s unique to him

1 Like

David Trezeguet was the best finisher I’ve seen.

Mickey Quinn has to be in the conversation surely? Or is he outside of this era?

By a considerable distance.

Good shout. Absolutely nowhere near Ronaldo in terms of amount of goals though. And plays in a Diddy league his club dominate.

Finishing is one thing which it is absolutely perfect for

As I said guys, Trezeguet is the purest finisher I’ve ever seen.