Cristiano Ronaldo - Legend (But just not as good as Messi)

I heard there that Ronaldo’s record since his return to Manchester United is five wins, five defeats and two draws.

He’s lucky he’s not at a club with higher standards - he’d have been sacked for that record at some more demanding clubs.

Agreed.

Marco Van Basten is my favourite player of all time but I couldn’t even put him near the two boys like

This would be a great auld chat over a pint at the bar

2 Likes

Ronaldo is so good he has created a distinction between a great goalscorer and a great finisher.

2 Likes

And he is both

No, I’m certainly not

Horses for courses. Van Nistleroy was as good as Ronaldo.

Fair enough. I didn’t even post here for the last month but you fire ahead there.

I’ve misjudged the mood of the forum yet again

For a year or two maybe he reached ronaldos level as he is now as a 36 year old, ronaldo at his worst, maybe, just maybe rvn reached that level for a max of two years in his career. Thats as close as he got.

Its a very hard thing to do because there is only one mood and it isn’t good

Pure belligerence on his part really. …“you fire ahead there”

1 Like

It would be rare enough that I’d be watching a Man U live game. I was surprised though with Coach Ole’s starting team against Spurs on Saturday. Just the one graduate of the famed Man U youth academy in the starting XI by my reckoning, Scott McTominay.

I thought from what the Man U crew would be saying here that the team was stacked with famed youth academy graduates these days. I suppose it’s hard for the young lads to get much of a look in when Coach Ole is so reluctant to give youth a chance and goes with a first choice strikeforce of two lads pushing 35 and 37.

Manchester United are about as attractive to today’s youth as Facebook is.

Like a rural GAA team reliant on the auld stars of a decade ago to still lead the charge. Except in this case they are the biggest spending club in the world alongside their Manchester neighbours.

The financial muscle is just staggering. Coach Ole has lashed out £120 million or so on two players in the last 12 months Donny and Sancho, who I believe just get about 5-10 minute runs off the subs bench and rarely if ever start a match. Some money for bit part squad players.

Bizarre that you are a top five poster on the Man Yoo thread then

1 Like

It’s always about top five when Manchester United are concerned.

You must lead a very fulfilling and action packed existence when you consider it bizarre for someone not to be watching live soccer matches around the clock.

Match of the Day sometimes at the weekend and the odd Spurs match would be about the sum total of it.

I mean this as a compliment- Robben was the greatest one trick pony of all time. Time after time you knew what he wanted to do as soon as he got the ball and invariably he did it.

One of my favourite players of the last 15 years or so

2 Likes