Cruciate Ligaments

It wasn’t meant to be original, more a statement of common belief.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 576021”]

I may do, but I’d like to try them on first. I’m different sizes depending on the boot.[/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean, brands tend lo differ, I find Nikes to be a lot more roomier than say adidas…

Sent from my HTC Desire S using TFK App

I find pumas a very strange fit. They never seem to “hug” the foot properly.

:strokechin:

I find the opposite, my puma king exec’s are a far superior fit to my Adidas World Cup boots

I’m going to try on a pair of Kings at lunch time and see if they are any better these days.
I only ever had one pair of World cups and the leather dried out in them very quickly and went very rigid. Never went back to them after that. The predators I got a couple of years ago and they were superb. I wouldn’t fork out the full whack for the new model though.

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 576028”]

I find the opposite, my puma king exec’s are a far superior fit to my Adidas World Cup boots[/quote]

Puma king execs are a noble boot.

Im wearing adidas F50s they’re good but I wouldn’t go synthetic again, I’d go with k leather for sure…

Sent from my HTC Desire S using TFK App

Chris Joyce CC @cluaindiuic

Paddy McGrath, Donegal.

What was Doherty wearing the other day?

There’s an ex forum member on Twitter getting a bit schooled on Doherty’s injury from an ACL expert for talking about all non contact injuries being avoidable when:

1. It was a contact injury
  2. It’s just not true anyway.
1 Like

@cluaindiuic?

On further inspection these are loafers.

Looks like a multi stud.

I see he’s still fond of shifting the goalposts and muddying the waters with nonsense to avoid addressing the clear contradiction of his point. The only thing that has changed is the improved spelling.

1 Like

I have no idea if he is right or wrong but thought his argument around the competition structure contributing was an interesting point and made a degree of sense to me.

Theres no contributing factor other than an unnatural movement of the ligament.

1 Like

So the history of stress and strain you might have placed on your knee and the ligament has absolutely no bearing on it? None?

Genuine question, I dont know. Iv never done it fortunately

I done mine when I a gossun and had fresh knees. Certainly no previous strain or stress.

Ligaments are tough. It takes a lot to snap them. You can hear it.

Nasty.

That wasn’t what I asked though.

I can 100% understand how an unnatural movement could cause it to happen to anyone.

But if you had been at 100 training sessions and played 20 games a year for 20 years would it take less of an unnatural movement to cause the injury

If the ligament had been strained and not allowed to repair properly yes. Otherwise no.

Ligaments are only ruptured or torn with a trauma.

Wear and tear would affect the meniscus between the bones so eventually the bones rub against each other.

1 Like

Not necessarily. Opposing forces from the quad and the ground puts overload on the knee and it can just pop. Any twist can do it.