Cruciate Ligaments

I did mine when I was 19 running in a straight line soloing during a match in training and then bang it felt like the back of my knee was blown out. No prior problems twinges nothing had full reconstruction in the Shanakiel in Cork under Dr Cashman.

Iā€™ve never been wrong on this subject

1 Like

I did mine when hit by a shoulder while trying to turn back inside to avoid being shoved out over the sideline playing a football match.

Honestly felt like the knee had been blown out the side door. Was wearing Adidas Predators at the time. Have only ever worn Copa Mundials since.

When I did mine the last time I felt nothing, I heard a pop and thought my laces on the boots had snapped. Went to jog on and had no control over the knee whatsoever. Horrible. The pain came about 2 hours later

If you swim across a river a few hundred times, youā€™re more likely to drown than if you just do it wance or twice

Incorrect. You have an equal chance of drowning every time you swim

Exactly my point.

It isnā€™t. Youā€™re just as likely to drown on the first as the last.

1 Like

Sigh

Yerā€™ clamped, get over it.

1 Like

Iā€™m not. My statement has been woefully interpreted.

I remember laughing when I did my oneā€¦ Played the remaining hour and that was the end of itā€¦ Did a bit if rehab myself and went on to have a great season.

2 Likes

thatā€™s Limerick Citaay

1 Like

The brother had a Hurling Match last night. Jumped up for a ball and the knee popped out of the socked on landing :cold_sweat:

You havenā€™t done your acl mate.
I fucking have. Contusion to the tibia and tears on the medial and lateral meniscus as well. Surgery in a few weeks.

If it does happen weā€™ll draw you a mural on the wall of a hayshed on the N17

7 Likes

Iā€™d like that.

2 Likes

I did mine while having a pass played behind me while on the run which I stretched my leg out to retrieve before a big brute of a 15st centre half collapsed over forcing the knee to bend internally. A couple of loud pops occured and that was that.

We are all delighted to know. Tell us more