Cunt of the Year 2017

My dear Matty, I donā€™t know what your experience of travellers is or how close you have ever been to them but except for a minority of them, they are bad news for every town or village they have made their transitional home. Currently they see it as their right to not work, 84% of the men, or to go to school or make their children go to school or use the services already there for them to engage in education or work opportunities. What they had was the discrimination card which meant they could only use this legislation against you if you refused them service. Now they have the holy grail, ethnicity. This will now allow them to play the racist card which is altogether more powerful. If you have a pub in rural Ireland, then you had best close it because these fuckers will be out to get refused and to get money from you.

Anyone who wants to experience the cultural integrity and curious ethnicity of travelers should go to Rathkeale for Christmas. They have destroyed a once fine town and will continue to do so with the support of the law from this point onwards.

Every single one of them has a medical card regardless of their ability to pay. So the fella that built an estate of houses and is one of the famous Rathkeale Rovers, Kerry Oā€™Brien, millionaire and thug, has a medical card. As well as that, when they do descend on Rathkeale for their annual marauding festival of marriage, the HSE put a field hospital in the town which is free at the point of use for the visitors.

I could go on but wonā€™t. Welcome to wet liberal Ireland.

11 Likes

Hard to argue with any of that.

Stay classy

Mario Rosenstock

You donā€™t get it Bart. All cultures are the same and you must treat all with the same respect. Not just travellers. Marrying children, slicing off female parts in case they feel pleasure, shooting each other in droves, ignoring the law, itā€™s all their culture mate. Who are we to expect them to conform to our culture, you know, the rule of law and equal rights for everyone.

Ireland is heading the way of continental Europe. Gormless cowardly politicians who have long abandoned any semblance of interest in their electorate. Enda has granted ethical status to travellers so obviously all rural traveler crime will now disappear. Thank God for Enda.

A halt for now to the madness has been called in Britain and the US. Ireland needs a proper right leaning populist party that actually gives a shit about its population. Surely there is someone within FF to replace that Cark spoofer and have a serious go at the next election?

5 Likes

And thatā€™s plausibly deniable racial vilification right there.

Very interesting that you quote and agree with the same poster who also said this:

Moore McDowell

Terry Prone

4 Likes

Youā€™re a great man to support the tinkers, but think nothing of patently unethical behavior while hiding behind your username. Your moral compass is like a metronome, ticking over and back willy-nilly. Iā€™d say youā€™ve a lot of hatred in your heart.

2 Likes

So youā€™re not disputing my analysis of @anon7035031ā€™s post.

Thanks.

Can I presume you hold the same racist views, so?

I rarely agree with anything you post. When I do, Iā€™ll give you a ā€˜likeā€™.

You cannot presume anything about me.

You just presumed I was mentally retarded on the US Presidential thread, pal, so I donā€™t know why you object to me presuming whatever I like about you.

Sort of a double standard, that.

And I again note you donā€™t disagree with my analysis that @anon7035031ā€™s post here is thinly disguised racial vilification.

Donā€™t pollute another thread with this bollox gents please.

5 Likes

It is an absolute fact that the vast majority of robberies going on in rural areas are perpetrated by traveler types. Only recently in Limerick there is the story of a 93 year old having to fire a shotgun to frighten one such gang into leaving him alone. I could probably name up to ten farmers around me who have been similarly targeted by these bastards and calling GardaĆ­ is a waste of fucking time.

They can live beside me for all I care but they must adhere to the same laws that apply to you and me. Currently it is not the case that they do live by the same rules as ā€˜settledā€™ folk. Last year they put a marquee across Roches Road and it was there for weeks. Not a problem for law and order as the removal of this item was never contested.

Interesting that you quote racism. I hope Iā€™m wrong but this is exactly what they wanted so that they no longer need the discrimination card. The racist ticket is a bigger one and will be a cash cow they crave.

So when considerably less than 84% unemployment is the norm with them, I will welcome them and their culture with open arms and if you are so bothered by that, then fuck off to Rathkeale and buy a house. Oh wait, you canā€™t because they will harass and out bid you regardless. Maybe you could put in a bid for one of the estate of houses on the old PBR site which have been built without a shred of planning?

10 Likes

Would you remember the killing of Tommy Casey? A gang of travellers were preying on elderly people in the Galway area, beating them to within an inch of their lives in order to get whatever few quid they had to their names. With Casey, they went too far. Iā€™d still think of that poor man and what his last few days were like, tied up and left to die on the floor in his own house.

2 Likes

Was that in Oranmore?

It was Mike. House is still standing there as a stark reminder.

At the roundabout? Used to thumb lifts across the road from it if itā€™s the one Iā€™m thinking of. There arenā€™t that many murders in Galway so thatā€™s why we remember most of them.

Iā€™d respectfully suggest that youā€™d be better off advocating for policies that address the clear social problems both within the travelling community and as regards inclusion in the wider community rather than generalising about and vilifying all of them, which is what you do.

History has told us that never works out well.