Cunts on Ghost Bikes

2 Likes

I don’t know much about mountain biking @Heyyoubehindthebushes but at that price (€1250 max yeah? Including some accessories etc), you’re looking at a good quality hardtail as opposed to a full suspension bike (a full suspension MTB at that price has skimmed a few quid with either poor components or on the frame).

I’m in the process of purchasing one myself using the bike to work, although the finance gals are making me jump through a few unnecessary hoops to get it. I did a bit of reading up. I didn’t really want to spend anymore than 800/900 on the bike (but wanted to use some of the budget for pedals, accessories etc.). I had a look at what was in the local shops. Slightly above bog standard (i.e. 750 price bracket) hardtails would include the Giant Talon 1 and Trek Marlin 7. Availability is a little bit of an issue with bikes at the moment, although MTB less so, as there wasn’t as big a shortage of aluminum as carbon apparently. A few friends highly rate Canyon, but you can only buy online.

In the end, I read a rake of reviews and this bike kept coming up. I would not be a fan of Halfords or any big bike stores (although it’s actually the closest ‘bike’ shop to me). I never heard of the brand but it kept winning best in class on various review sites. I sent off the spec etc to a friend of mine who use to run a bike shop himself and he said for that price, I was not going to get anything better. So, if the two biddies in finance can figure it out, it looks as if I’m getting a Voodoo Bizango

Don’t be turned off by the Suntour forks. They’re actually a higher standard than the Rock Shox on the Marlin or the Talon (The Talon 0 at 1k uses that Suntour fork).

This site is also very useful in that you can pick a few different bikes and compare them: https://99spokes.com/

Here is one of the review sites I found https://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/hardtail/best-hardtail-mountain-bike

5 Likes

Are you in Limerick or Cork?
The lads in The Edge in Cork will sort you out as will the fellas in the Hub in Limerick, best to take advice from those who know

Or try Paul Gammell out in Kilmallock

Living in cork but Limericks just as quick. Where is the edge?

Great shout thats on my way from work to Limerick

They have the life, the cunts.

1 Like

Paul is sound. Does a lot of bike to work.

1 Like

He’s a Giant dealer too @Heyyoubehindthebushes so you’d be able to ask him about the Talon

2 Likes

Paging @mikehunt

Don’t be afraid to use your wife’s bike to work allowance (if she has one) to double your spend with your friendly bike dealer

2 Likes

Holding hers (plus the sister’s) off for at least twelve more months to change the road bike.

This is the third bike I’ll be getting on a bike to work, but the first in my own name.

2 Likes

Episode 93 - 8 mins in

Dehumanization of cyclists predicts self-reported aggressive behaviour toward them:

Class

The views :heart_eyes:

Granted I’d be hard fit to take my eyes off the surface. It’s a lovely track but that would test me nerves I’d have to say

I was waiting for the crash

How could anyone with a love of nature delight in the destruction of natural woodlands just to give some entitled cunt a place to fanny about on his overpriced two-wheel cage?

Destruction?