Cunts on Ghost Bikes

They get a lot of air time

NIMBYISM gone mad. Baeed on the flavour of the month. I wouldnt be a user of cycle lanes myself but I see the benefits outweighs the negitives. Dublin and all citys should be accessible on bikes

3 Likes

Went for a spin there last week. No probs on the greenway so long as you know you will not be able to go anyway fast, just too many people around. But I went into the city centre to try out some of the new cycling lanes that have been put in - it was a pleasure to cycle down Washington St in the designated cycle lane. More of them I say.

1 Like

a van parking in the VRU zone

FFS

2 Likes

Berlingo???

1 Like
2 Likes

What’s the story with Mannix Flynn? I had the impression that he was a salt of the earth dub independent lefty type, but this is nimbyism at its worst.

1 Like

yep, i also thought the same

Cllr Mannix Flynn is a serial objector to cycle route who has over years said a number of outlandish things about people who cycle, and in a recent council meeting he shouted to officials “see you in court”.

On the Fitzwilliam Cycle Route Cllr Flynn said: “I think it’s really important that you send out a message that you’re not developing a racing track because more and more cyclists think they’re in some sort of velodrome… They’ve got their earplugs in, they have their hi-vis jackets, they’ve got their helmets and they’re zooming down the street screaming their head off to Nirvana, you know what I mean, or some band, and they don’t see anybody.”

Cllr Flynn’s previous comments include that the Liffey Cycle Route will “kill the city economy. Cyclists don’t keep the economy going.” He also voted against the South Dublin Quietway.

When Cllr Flynn was on Prime Time at the start of 2018 to discuses the high number of people who died while cycling the year before, Cllr Flynn said that “the biggest problem we have is cyclists behaviour” and cyclists being disrespectful of other road user.

1 Like

He makes some good points there in fairness.

2 Likes

agreed- if the proposed improvements were for leisure people on bikes as opposed to commuters & school children, but in reality its a strawman argument he is putting forward

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Nice dart of fresh air on a short spin this morning

5 Likes

“single file”, what a fucking wagon.

how was it? stunning photo

Lovely pal. Grand and quiet out

1 Like

Nice bit of elevation

Mainly stuck to forestry fire roads, tried a few trails going up (not a great idea, had to dismount on one) and did a few going down (the less technical ones I suppose)

1 Like

Had a grand leisurely spin on the bike there earlier to meet a few pals for an outdoor socially distant coffee.

4 Likes

Beautiful day for it.

Great to get out and get fresh air