Cunts on Ghost Bikes

Upside it’s fuckin head.

Or were you cycling behind an Audi that you could see was indicating to turn left so you sped up because you thought the rules of the road don’t apply to you and made the car stop to make some sort of point to the world?

what speicifc rule of the road is this mate?

What does speicifc mean, mate?

No mate, I told it like it was. If I was making stuff up he would have got out of the car whereupon I would have picked up my bike and battered him over the head with it. You cunt.

Fuck, he was serious, he actually did punch a car, what a dipshit :smiley:

Clearly a bit of a cycle path.

Good, mate. I’d hate to think you were one of those cunts that feels the need to get into some sort of argument or incident every time you got up on a bike. Always remember, 1.5 tonnes of metal moving at speed beats skinny cyclist in a fight everyday of the week.

Stupid fuckin cyclists

good point mate

Moved close enough to work so that I think cycling is a genuine option now. I have the bike to work scheme I can avail of.
Thinking of getting a decent hybrid bike. Price range probably €600-800

Any recommendations other than a fixie? Much obliged.

[QUOTE=“cluaindiuic, post: 984730, member: 258”]Moved close enough to work so that I think cycling is a genuine option now. I have the bike to work scheme I can avail of.

Any recommendations other than a fixie? Much obliged.[/QUOTE]

go for one of these mate,its a single speed as well as fixie.

advantages are that its light,quick, suitable for commuting

http://www.topbicycleshop.ie/fixie-ssingle-speed-bikes/155-peugeot-premiere-fixie.html

why go for a hybrid mate?

[QUOTE=“Young Ned of the Hill, post: 984740, member: 80”]go for one of these mate,its a single speed as well as fixie.

advantages are that its light,quick, suitable for commuting

http://www.topbicycleshop.ie/fixie-ssingle-speed-bikes/155-peugeot-premiere-fixie.html

why go for a hybrid mate?[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply mate.

I feel like hybrid is best.
I don’t want a full mountain bike because I’m not going off-road.
I don’t want a road bike as, while I like the thinner wheels, the handlebars put me off.
If only I could get a bike with the thin wheels and speed of a road bike but the handlebars of a mountain bike.
Wait, look, they’re called hybrid bikes! Jackpot!

The fixie would be a bad idea. My commute is somewhat hilly so not having gears to navigate said hills would be a rather large oversight.
I’d like to get to work in a relatively simple manner and not be absolutely ruined by the time I get there from going uphill in an unhelpful gear.

[QUOTE=“cluaindiuic, post: 984730, member: 258”]Moved close enough to work so that I think cycling is a genuine option now. I have the bike to work scheme I can avail of.

Any recommendations other than a fixie? Much obliged.[/QUOTE]

A car?

I’d never presume to shit on any persons interests, so before I get an earful, each to their own and all that but

1. Cyclists look like wankers - shaved legs, lycra and ridiculous helmets
  2. Cyclists cycle like wankers - 2 a breast on a country road causing motorists to slow down (normal people)/swerve out and speed up (boy racers)
  3. Cyclists talk like wankers - I done a PB on my 2,000 bike that I strap my legs into, so when I fall off I mangle myself, like a dopey prick

That is all I have for the moment.

This is all very upsetting

[QUOTE=“Esteban de la Sexface, post: 984748, member: 2695”]I’d never presume to shit on any persons interests, so before I get an earful, each to their own and all that but

2. Cyclists cycle like wankers - 2 a breast on a country road causing motorists to slow down (normal people)/swerve out and speed up (boy racers)
  3. Cyclists talk like wankers - I done a PB on my 2,000 bike that I strap my legs into, so when I fall off I mangle myself, like a dopey prick

That is all I have for the moment.[/QUOTE]

Jesus, on that evidence it would appear they’re a bunch of wankers.

[QUOTE=“cluaindiuic, post: 984743, member: 258”]Thanks for the reply mate.

I feel like hybrid is best.
I don’t want a full mountain bike because I’m not going off-road.
I don’t want a road bike as, while I like the thinner wheels, the handlebars put me off.
If only I could get a bike with the thin wheels and speed of a road bike but the handlebars of a mountain bike.
Wait, look, they’re called hybrid bikes! Jackpot!

The fixie would be a bad idea. My commute is somewhat hilly so not having gears to navigate said hills would be a rather large oversight.
I’d like to get to work in a relatively simple manner and not be absolutely ruined by the time I get there from going uphill in an unhelpful gear.[/QUOTE]

fair enough, the single speed has raised handle bars , I cycle from malahide to town and obviously there and no hills but I cant see anywhere in Dublin where there would be hills that you need gears- anyway im a zealot when it comes to this so maybe someone that isnt a convert is a better person to ask.

maybe go on a cycling forum for views?

you said it, kid! it is only acceptable to cycle if you are under the age of 18 and you can’t afford car insurance, which raises another point, fellas driving their cars some place with fucking bikes up on top of the cars… make up your mind.

[QUOTE=“Esteban de la Sexface, post: 984748, member: 2695”]I’d never presume to shit on any persons interests, so before I get an earful, each to their own and all that but

That is all I have for the moment.[/QUOTE]

You either need new friends or better people to eavesdrop on.