Cunts on Ghost Bikes

I used to detest cyclists but I am warming to the feel of the clinging lycra on my sculpted thighs…

[QUOTE=“cluaindiuic, post: 984743, member: 258”]Thanks for the reply mate.

I feel like hybrid is best.
I don’t want a full mountain bike because I’m not going off-road.
I don’t want a road bike as, while I like the thinner wheels, the handlebars put me off.
If only I could get a bike with the thin wheels and speed of a road bike but the handlebars of a mountain bike.
Wait, look, they’re called hybrid bikes! Jackpot!

The fixie would be a bad idea. My commute is somewhat hilly so not having gears to navigate said hills would be a rather large oversight.
I’d like to get to work in a relatively simple manner and not be absolutely ruined by the time I get there from going uphill in an unhelpful gear.[/QUOTE]

Go for a road bike mate. I have a hybrid and within 2 weeks I wanted a road bike. The lesser weight will suit going up hills and mean you’re not walking in the office door looking like you’ve just finished 120 mins in Manaus.

Some idiot tried to convince me that using the hybrid means I’m getting a better workout. Fuck that I just want to get in and out in the quickest time possible with no hassle.

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 984768, member: 289”]Go for a road bike mate. I have a hybrid and within 2 weeks I wanted a road bike. The lesser weight will suit going up hills and mean you’re not walking in the office door looking like you’ve just finished 120 mins in Manaus.

Some idiot tried to convince me that using the hybrid means I’m getting a better workout. Fuck that I just want to get in and out in the quickest time possible with no hassle.[/QUOTE]

If it’s for getting to work in the most efficient and least energy burning mode possible, then a good road bike is yer only man.

If you are cycling for the benefit of a good workout, then the biggest heaviest clunkiest black nelly you can get your hands on is what you want. You will get twice the workout in half the time. Lads deciding they are going to take up cycling in order to get into shape and/or lose weight and then going out and dropping a grand or two on super efficient road bike make me laugh. Those things are designed for competition, so that you burn the least amount of calories with the least amount of effort. You will have to cycle around half the county to make it a worthwhile workout.

If you are looking for a bike which requires minimal attention and maintenance as a commuting workhorse, go for a single speed. My commute is pretty hilly and it is just not an issue.

[QUOTE=“Young Ned of the Hill, post: 984752, member: 80”]fair enough, the single speed has raised handle bars , I cycle from malahide to town and obviously there and no hills but I cant see anywhere in Dublin where there would be hills that you need gears- anyway im a zealot when it comes to this so maybe someone that isnt a convert is a better person to ask.

maybe go on a cycling forum for views?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I’ve been poking around online searches and bike review sites.
I also was in a bike shop in Stillorgan yesterday. Getting close to pulling the trigger on one.

[QUOTE=“cluaindiuic, post: 985213, member: 258”]Yeah I’ve been poking around online searches and bike review sites.
I also was in a bike shop in Stillorgan yesterday. Getting close to pulling the trigger on one.[/QUOTE]

which one mate?

Hollingsworth

Try the other lads just up from the shopping centre. Near the big Spar & Gotham South. Generally more accommodating than the Hollingsworth crowd.

sorry mate, what bike?

keep your hooked nose out of this thread mate

Have it down to 3 or so.
A Giant, a Trek and a Specialized

Foley-esque response

thats the lowest thing you have ever said to me

You’ve brought it on yourself by requesting that infraction on Monday mate. It was a game changer.

apologies

:clap:

[QUOTE=“cluaindiuic, post: 985247, member: 258”]Have it down to 3 or so.
A Giant, a Trek and a Specialized[/QUOTE]
I have a Trek 1.1 for the last year or so… Good solid basic bike. Very Comfortable and a lot easier to push up the hills than my hybrid… I have no experience with the others though

On @Mac’s recommendation, I went to Fitzcycles and had a much better conversation with the knowledgeable staff there. I ended up getting a Kona Dew Plus. Should have it in 2 weeks or so.

good stuff, people need to realise that Mac is the person to ask on almost any subject on TFK, the only subject I wouldnt ask him about is craft beer as tess tickle has that sown up

Motorcyclists

These cunts are beginning to annoy me.