Cunts on Ghost Bikes

You’ve done nothing of the short, just passing off stale banter as usual.

One of the fingal massive has passed me on a photo of you at a certain event a couple of years ago…

short?

Typo, soz!

Oh dear.

lol

Even Deer hate cyclists

1 Like

I see the cyclists of Ireland were out campaigning yesterday for better cycling infrastructure and a safer cycling environment. I have a suggestion. A cycling tax, a tax on cyclists to fund their hobby, so as to avoid diverting valuable resources from areas of real need, cyclists can pay for the upgraded infrastructure themselves in the same way that motorists pay a road tax. Say an annual charge of 50€ a year for the pleasure of putting your Puch on a state funded road.

5 Likes

:rollseyes:

The Lycra brigade were up in arms last week about Indo article which complained about cyclists not use cycling lanes where they were provided.

You should be fully entitled to flatten any cunt who decides to cycle on the road while right beside a dedicated cycling lane.

3 Likes

motorists don’t pay a road tax.

"Motor tax is a charge imposed by the Government on some motor vehicles. "

1 Like

cycle lanes are optional and are generally below standard, they also merge with the road on and off.

That poor girl that died last week is one death too much now, spend money on making cycling safer, improve the infrastructure or else we will cause mayhem

1 Like

Depends on the bike. A lot of cycle lanes (particularly those footpath ones) are not much good if you’re on a racer. Generally have potholes, debris, tree cuttings, glass, etc. Get a blow out in a narrow footpath lane and you’ll be falling out in to oncoming traffic.

It’s also not the law that you have to cycle in the cycle lane. It is optional.

In saying that, there are some absolute dickheads on bikes. And not just Lycra clad ones. The Mrs got in an argument with one last week. He was cycling on a narrow footpath behind her and started ringing bell. She wouldn’t move (that’s the Limerick city in her).

3 Likes

So if I feel the road is below standard is it ok for me to drive on the footpath ?

4 Likes

if its legal , yes

5 Likes

I’d like that twice if I could.

1 Like

You’re very grumpy this morning

The dreams we have as children fade away

No need to be sour just because you haven’t had the stabilisers taken off your bike yet.

I’m all in favour of improving cycling infrastructure, I just think that the people who have the exclusive use of that improved infrastructure, the cyclists, should pay for it. In much the same way that the motorists fund the improved motorway network through tolls.

Tolls now is it?