Cunts that will be rolled out for Up For The Match

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1019857, member: 2272”]92

:clap:[/QUOTE]

I was thinking he was a doddery old 70 something year old. In fair shape for a 92 year old.

Grainne was losing patience with him there, roaring “WHO WILL WIN THE MATCH” after he understandably didn’t hear her the first time.

Ah he came from a generation who aren’t answerable to women

I really enjoyed tonight’s show.

Terrific fare altogether

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1019877, member: 48”]I really enjoyed tonight’s show.

Terrific fare altogether[/QUOTE]

It certainly beat the shit out of the hurling version with those utter bores from Tipp and Kilkenny.

Just watching this back here because I’m a sad cunt.

Weeshie describes how himself and Wee Daniel were talking before they came on air and they were discussing who was sitting where in the studio.

Wee Daniel says to Weeshie: “You’ll be sitting near the Sam and 'tis the closest you’ll get to it this year.”

Cue wild laughter, hooting and hollering from the Donegal people in the audience.

Weeshie, quick as a flash, responds: “Ye might beat us in singing, but ye won’t beat us in football.”

Cue more wild laughter, hooting and hollering from the Kerry people in the audience.

I think if one vignette of wonderfully lame banter captures the essence of this programme , it’s this one. It sums up why we all tune in without fail every year.

Magnificent. :clap::clap::clap::pint:

Tomás O’Sé, Dessie Dolan and Anthony Molloy all appear to be lovely chaps.

Up for the Match is a national institution. :clap: :clap: :clap:

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1019915, member: 183”]Just watching this back here because I’m a sad cunt.

Weeshie describes how himself and Wee Daniel were talking before they came on air and they were discussing who was sitting where in the studio.

Wee Daniel says to Weeshie: “You’ll be sitting near the Sam and 'tis the closest you’ll get to it this year.”

Cue wild laughter, hooting and hollering from the Donegal people in the audience.

Weeshie, quick as a flash, responds: “Ye might beat us in singing, but ye won’t beat us in football.”

Cue more wild laughter, hooting and hollering from the Kerry people in the audience.

I think if one vignette of wonderfully lame banter captures the essence of this programme , it’s this one. It sums up why we all tune in without fail every year.

Magnificent. :clap::clap::clap::pint:[/QUOTE]

Daniel came out of tonight as a thoroughly alright sort. #Banter.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Des had an absolute horror show. Looking at the aplomb with which Malachi Cush and Frank Galligan presented Mad for Sam on Channel 191 last night, his position going forward really should be scrutinised.

Malachi Cush is a star in the making.

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1019915, member: 183”]Just watching this back here because I’m a sad cunt.

Magnificent. :clap::clap::clap::pint:[/QUOTE]

It was a wonderfully quick-witted retort from Weeshie. :clap:

Vignette #2, 2014 football final:

Once, when Wee Daniel was just starting out singing, he was down in Waterville one night talking to Micko (who as we all know, loves driving, in fact he went up to Donegal just to collect Wee Daniel).

Another man chips in to say to Wee Daniel “Sure you never know, maybe Sam’ll go to Donegal one day.”

Micko in turn chips in: “There’ll be white blackbirds before Sam goes to Donegal.”

“I think I heard that was a few of them in Kerry yesterday”, says Wee Daniel, all these years later.

Up For The Match. :clap::clap::clap:

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 1019922, member: 1552”]Daniel came out of tonight as a thoroughly alright sort. #Banter.

:clap: :clap: :clap:[/QUOTE]

Unquestionably the star of the show. Quite possibly the best performance ever seen in its long and storied history - and that was even before he got up to sing The Boys from Killybegs.

• Sean Ban Breathnach
  • Joe Connolly (not a cunt)
  • Ollie Canning (if Sky allow him - also not a cunt)
  • Hector (the cunt lives in Galway and will be shoe horned in there somehow)
  • The Seoige sister who won’t be presenting.
  • Cyril Farrell (definitely not a cunt)

Kilkenny will have the same cunts as last year, along with Shefflin and his missus. “I do miss it, Des”

5 Likes

Joe Connolly is a cert. Noel Lane too.

Conor Hayes

The 2 Seoige sisters could send me over the edge the night before the All Ireland.
Keher and Fan Larkin are sure to be there. Christy Heffernan will surely get a look in somewhere along the line. Or else they’ll have Tommy Walsh, JJ and Henry recalling great tales from their nights before the big day

Pete Finnerty

They ll surely have a few of the 1990 lads given its the 25th anniversary and all that.