Cycling 2014

Big day for the precocious Sam Bennett today in Gent-Wevelgem. Hard to imagine him staying in touch till the end but if he can he has every chance of a top 10 finish if itā€™s a sprint, as is usual.
One win already on his palmarĆ©s in his first season with the big boys. Itā€™s exciting to see how heā€™ll develop.

[QUOTE=ā€œThrawneen, post: 923644, member: 129ā€]Big day for the precocious Sam Bennett today in Gent-Wevelgem. Hard to imagine him staying in touch till the end but if he can he has every chance of a top 10 finish if itā€™s a sprint, as is usual.
One win already on his palmarĆ©s in his first season with the big boys. Itā€™s exciting to see how heā€™ll develop.[/QUOTE]
Is that the lad from Carrick?

Aye. A prĆ³tegĆ© of the King himself.

The king being conconi or ferrari ?

Tour of Catalonia is finishing today. Between Rodriguez and Contador. Dan Martin off the pace a bit but i saw him lurking outside the top ten of a spring the other day.

Heā€™s not far off the pace, coming in a minute or so down on the summit finishes. Is he going for the Giro or the Tour, do you know?

Eurosport showing Catalunya on 1 and Crit International on 2ā€¦grrrr

Couple of crashes in the last few hundred metres. Sagan well beaten into 3rd by John Degenkolb.

Tour I reckon.

Giro

Is he?Surprised at that. Is he going to try both?

Team leader for Giro. I think heā€™s going in Tour also. I think Roche is team leader for Giro too as Contador concentrating on Vuelta this year

Is probably going to do Tour but Giro is main focus. Having it start in Ireland was clearly big draw and Iā€™m pleased.

Forgot about that. Good point.

One of my favourite races starting shortly Paris-Roubaix. It looks like Cancellara to lose, it really is up to Quick step to try some tactic to stop him. They have 4 guys in with a realistic chance of winning. Iā€™m going to have a bet on the outsider of those Vandenbergh at 66/1 with bet 365. He looked in great form in Flanders and the price is way too big. The same can be said for Van Avermaet at 20/1, who has good form coming into this race as well. I think Cancellara biggest danger will come from Sagan, he had a disastrous Flanders but outside of that he has looked very strong. The 16/1 looks way too big to me. Sam Bennett is 948/1 on betfair worth a sentimental euro, a top 30 finish would be an excellent result.
Great win of the Tour of the Basque country by the greatest cyclist at the moment Alberto Contador. He really is a joy to watch

I see Wiggins is leading Sky today. Hard to look beyond Cancellara really. Contador flying at moment. That polish guy 2nd overall will win aTour.

Contadorā€™s return to ā€˜formā€™ is more than a little questionable.

Lemond got fierce old looking

No more than cancellaras continued dominance. Wiggins reckons he is in with a shout.