viewing figures suggest differently

It has been a very good race thus far.

Colombian ladies team outfit

[ATTACH=full]1712[/ATTACH]

Not sure what rating to put on that.

[QUOTE=“Scrunchie, post: 1017247, member: 1408”]Colombian ladies team outfit

[ATTACH=full]1712[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Oh my.

World Championship Road Race on tomorrow in Ponferrada, might get lost in the big day of sport tomorrow. The 14 lap course is highlighted by two punchy climbs, one is more moderate, 5.1KM at an average of 3.5%. The second is more testing, 1.1KM at 6.6%, including some ramps of 11%. As has been remarked by many, it’s too hilly for a sprinter but not hilly enough to suit a climber.

Simon Gerrans (5/1) is the favourite, out of a lack of a standout candidate. Cancellara (8/1) has said he’s gonna give it a proper lash, and it would be one last big one to add to the Palmares. Valverde (10/1) as always will be knocking about, Sagan is in the shit formwise, but could do anything, while the course suits someone like Kwiatkowski (18/1). Dan Martin (25/1) is prominent in the betting, and was decent enough in the Vuelta. If its a small break, Nico (200/1) could do well, there’s a tricky little downhill off the difficult climb into the finish and he seems to enjoy that sort of run-in.

Degenkolb (22/1) showed he can hang around over climbs in the Vuelta, as can Kristoff (18/1), so I’d fancy them as well. I’ll probably have a bit on Degenkolb, also might have a few euro on Gallopin (33/1), VanMarcke (80/1) and Stybar (200/1). Who do you fancy @Anto?

I’d go with Valverde.

[QUOTE=“Blake, post: 1023038, member: 1755”]World Championship Road Race on tomorrow in Ponferrada, might get lost in the big day of sport tomorrow. The 14 lap course is highlighted by two punchy climbs, one is more moderate, 5.1KM at an average of 3.5%. The second is more testing, 1.1KM at 6.6%, including some ramps of 11%. As has been remarked by many, it’s too hilly for a sprinter but not hilly enough to suit a climber.

Simon Gerrans (5/1) is the favourite, out of a lack of a standout candidate. Cancellara (8/1) has said he’s gonna give it a proper lash, and it would be one last big one to add to the Palmares. Valverde (10/1) as always will be knocking about, Sagan is in the shit formwise, but could do anything, while the course suits someone like Kwiatkowski (18/1). Dan Martin (25/1) is prominent in the betting, and was decent enough in the Vuelta. If its a small break, Nico (200/1) could do well, there’s a tricky little downhill off the difficult climb into the finish and he seems to enjoy that sort of run-in.

Degenkolb (22/1) showed he can hang around over climbs in the Vuelta, as can Kristoff (18/1), so I’d fancy them as well. I’ll probably have a bit on Degenkolb, also might have a few euro on Gallopin (33/1), VanMarcke (80/1) and Stybar (200/1). Who do you fancy @Anto?[/QUOTE]

I’ll be honest Blake but haven’t looked into it really, backed Gallopin at 33/1 though as he is over priced. Out of the others Degenkolb is overpriced the course should suit and he is in form so happy to take the 22/1

Dan Martin won the Tour of Lombardy today.

Fantastic blind side attack inside last Km. He got himself into a pretty elite group of 9 and hung on the back for last 3k. The remaining 8 looked at each other too long and gave Dan the time to properly celebrate.

Andy Schleck has announced his retirement.

The country is noticably saddened by this news. The heavens are weeping for one of our greatest :frowning:

It wasn’t so easy clean.

Mark Cavendish is seething

Cavendish was asked whether he was 100 percent sure if everyone in the peloton was clean, to which the mood of the room changed and Cavendish hit back thusly;

Can you tell me 100 percent that one of these journalists isn’t fucking your wife?

He further went on to explain his comment.

[INDENT]Where there’s money to be gained, there’ll be the odd dickhead who cheats but cycling is miles ahead of other sports when it comes to testing. I hope everyone’s correct but with human nature, you can never be certain. But the positive that I can take is that if someone is cheating, he will be caught.
[/INDENT]

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1077148, member: 180”]Mark Cavendish is seething

Cavendish was asked whether he was 100 percent sure if everyone in the peloton was clean, to which the mood of the room changed and Cavendish hit back thusly;

Can you tell me 100 percent that one of these journalists isn’t fucking your wife?

He further went on to explain his comment.

[INDENT]Where there’s money to be gained, there’ll be the odd dickhead who cheats but cycling is miles ahead of other sports when it comes to testing. I hope everyone’s correct but with human nature, you can never be certain. But the positive that I can take is that if someone is cheating, he will be caught.
[/INDENT]
[/QUOTE]

That’s a quality reply in fairness :clap: