Cycling 2014

[QUOTE=“theLockes, post: 996753, member: 58”]Not too bad this year @TreatyStones, around 150km a day. Before there was a couple of days up around the 180/190km mark on Tours past, too long. A group of us cycled from Cork to Waterford via the Copper Coast on Wednesday too for about 125km.
Connor Pass and Molls Gap today will sort out the men from the boys!! 115 doing it.[/QUOTE]
Fair play! what is ability of group like? What sort of cyclist are you? What’s Kelly’s climbing ability like?

[QUOTE=“theLockes, post: 996753, member: 58”]Not too bad this year @TreatyStones,
Connor Pass and Molls Gap today will sort out the men from the boys!! 115 doing it.[/QUOTE]

What gearing would you use?

Had a chance to do the sportive linked to the tour of Poland yesterday in the mountains. Couldn’t be bothered, need to be fresh for tomorrow.

Dan Martin 2nd in the third stage of the Vuelta today. Narrowly lost out on the stage win.

Sorry lads, missed out on posting here.

TdeM was mighty for a finish. Tore up the road from Tralee to the Connors Pass and was pretty goosed by the time I got there.
Some class riders this year, very sting on the hills, far better than me. I came 12th on a hammer out of Killaloe to a village on the way to Ennis starting with T, not Tulla. That was as good as it got for me. Missed out on the leading group for the hammer between listowel and Tralee on day two and ended up doing a shit load of work in a div 2 group. Wasn’t going to go for Molls Gap but did in the end but was at the back so had to ride hard to catch on which we didn’t. Super decent into Kenmare though.
We all had too much to drink on Saturday night so a hammer up the Caha Pass had me hegging at the start.
My ability, I’m alright I guess. I’m fitter this year than past years and get plenty of PB’s on Strava on spins. On the flatter sections I would be a top 30 rider on Strava I’d say. I was a road capt this year and my group number was well back so though the fast Charlies of the group would sneak up before a hammer was called I would stay till the whistle.
Kelly isn’t bad at all on say a 4% climb but does no work! We worked together on the last hammer to Gougánbarra but I only got away with drafting him as he didn’t know I was behind him. Once he copped that he told me to start working. All in a joking way but you’d still do it. He’s some man to descend though, unrale!!

Compact on the front @balbec as I’m around the 90kg at my fighting weight and need to get up the hills. Pay for it on the flat though. Gonna get a 53 next year. 24/11 on the back.

Did the Sean Kelly yesterday. Christ the rain was biblical! The top of Mahon Falls was closed due to the weather. Got around well enough in a strongish group of 12 TdeM’ers. Just shy of 27km average so happy with that

You should’ve charged up. I doubt there was any controls? I could’ve sorted you out. Seán could’ve told you when the optimum time to get the syringe out would’ve been.

Tuamgraney I presume.

SĂ­n Ă©. Very fast down into it.

Ah here!!

[QUOTE=“theLockes, post: 1006617, member: 58”]SĂ­n Ă©. Very fast down into it.

[/QUOTE]

Some fine views of Lough Derg on that route from Killaloe to Tuamgraney, would be fine and undulating as well

Dan Martin 2nd favourite for today, he has a great chance for the win. My bets Martin 13/2, Aru 50/1 and Arredondo 66/1 all with Ladbrokes

[QUOTE=“theLockes, post: 1006489, member: 58”]Sorry lads, missed out on posting here.

TdeM was mighty for a finish. Tore up the road from Tralee to the Connors Pass and was pretty goosed by the time I got there.
Some class riders this year, very sting on the hills, far better than me. I came 12th on a hammer out of Killaloe to a village on the way to Ennis starting with T, not Tulla. That was as good as it got for me. Missed out on the leading group for the hammer between listowel and Tralee on day two and ended up doing a shit load of work in a div 2 group. Wasn’t going to go for Molls Gap but did in the end but was at the back so had to ride hard to catch on which we didn’t. Super decent into Kenmare though.
We all had too much to drink on Saturday night so a hammer up the Caha Pass had me hegging at the start.
My ability, I’m alright I guess. I’m fitter this year than past years and get plenty of PB’s on Strava on spins. On the flatter sections I would be a top 30 rider on Strava I’d say. I was a road capt this year and my group number was well back so though the fast Charlies of the group would sneak up before a hammer was called I would stay till the whistle.
Kelly isn’t bad at all on say a 4% climb but does no work! We worked together on the last hammer to Gougánbarra but I only got away with drafting him as he didn’t know I was behind him. Once he copped that he told me to start working. All in a joking way but you’d still do it. He’s some man to descend though, unrale!!

Compact on the front @balbec as I’m around the 90kg at my fighting weight and need to get up the hills. Pay for it on the flat though. Gonna get a 53 next year. 24/11 on the back.[/QUOTE]
Jays us, I have a compact and a 28 or 29 on mine, though the peaks are sharper than the Conor pass or the like. You must be a powerful man. I have consigned the 53-39 to the dustbin of history.

[QUOTE=“theLockes, post: 1006617, member: 58”]SĂ­n Ă©. Very fast down into it.

Ah here!![/QUOTE]

I’m sure the kk hurlers could have sorted him out. The quiet from the camp is tmobileesque.

Shefflin has shades of Ullrich about him alright.

Dan Martin 15’ behind Gesink with 2km to go (and only about 6’ ahead of Peleton) steep shit

Martin caught by Contador et al as he catches Gesink. Motor Bikes in the way. No Irish win here. Go back about your business

The stage today is unreal. 19/20% and at walking pace in last 3km

That’s stunning from Hesjedal

Robert Gesink has left the Vuelta. His wife, who is pregnant, has had to have a few major operations this week and both mother and child are not doing so well. Not sure the exact reason.

By the way how cone no Vuelta 2014 thread was set up. It’s actually been very good

[QUOTE=“Scrunchie, post: 1015079, member: 1408”]

By the way how cone no Vuelta 2014 thread was set up. It’s actually been very good[/QUOTE]

Because not many care anymore.