Daily Debate - Joe Canning v Seamus Callanan

We beat Kilkenny and carlow. Nothin really compared to who wexford beat.

Imagine that - player of the year and the man that scored a goal in every championship game he played last year — :smiley:

Camille do deliver AFAIK

3 Likes

Yeah scoring goals against laois wexford and a piss poor kk team is the ultimate barometer. Howd he go in 2017?

Overall career I’d go Canning, and voted accordingly.

If I was playing a match tomorrow though, Callanan

Canning is a media darling ever since Macdara McDonnncha and the likes started calling him by his first name only when he broke through on the Portumna senior team. This clouds lads’ judgement.

2 Likes

How did Joe go in 2016? Couldn’t take a hard shoulder. Windy as fuck

For a fellow that took about 6 years to get a starting place in his mid 20’s, TJ Reid has turned into a very good free taker.

Shefflin and Canning on a different level to Callanan and Reid.

Can’t be wasting time engaging with this level of simpleton im afraid

Any real debaters

Callanan really came on as a hurler when he got rid of that Anelka celebration he used to do

Are you also a simpleton?

Not on the last few years, Reid is carrying that team, take him out and they are nothing.

He might be but Reid is the biggest media darling of them all. It’s a Gary Kirby type scenario. Good and all as Kirby was, you don’t hear him jailed as an all time great.

Okay guys - on foot of a polite request, could contributions in this debate be made by people from hurling counties only? So anyone from last season’s championship last eight only please.

12 Likes

:smiley:

By the way, I’d have Eoin Kelly above both of them.

1 Like

He was the victim of malfeasance though from a non hurling county

Explain your answer using examples and references

Canning never fulfilled his potential

2 Likes