Daily Debate - Joe Canning v Seamus Callanan

Shit the bed more than he delivered .

Ah stop, unless you’re rising dust.

Callanan is a much better full forward, Canning is a better hurler but on overall effectiveness you’d have to go for Seamie

2 Likes

I’m not even sure Callanan was Tipps best hurler in the past number of years but he was still better than Canning.

2 Likes

*unless daithi burke is on the field

Callanan is one of the top scorers from play over the past decade, if not the top scorer. Canning’s contribution from general play pales in comparison

Similar with Joe and Joey Holden, except Daithi Burke is actually a good full back

It pains me to say, but the man is just class … he had a rough start to his career but has worked and worked and got better as the years have gone on. The real sign of a winner.

I will in me bollix.

You said that Canning carried Galway for years . Kelly did it in a forward line that at times featured more backs than it did forwards (John Devane, Dimi Fitz, big John Carroll, etc.). Kelly is the best Tipp forward of the past thirty years, with Seamie not far behind

1 Like

Joe carried forward lines just as bad. Kelly had his chance at immortality in 09 but it slipped away. Plus ollie canning was always well able for him.

Callanan shat the togs when it mattered most, taking a free in a crucial stage of an All Ireland semi just because some 12 year olds were calling him a cuck from the Hill.

Canning is hitting sideline cuts onto unexposed landmines in Syria in his spare time.

Joe is top 3 ever for sure.

Scored 13 points that day from what I recall. Came back the next year and got his second senior inter county all Ireland. Joe will be stuck on one

A very arbitrary demarcation line. @Fagan_ODowd barred by the moderators from this discussion in one fell swoop. As am I, notwithstanding my status as a retired player, championship veteran for a Top 10 side from last year’s championship.

Signing out. I’ll leave it to the Wexford U12 County Final MOTM circa 1993 and their ilk.

1 Like

Lads answer the question and fuck off with Eoin Kelly and Tee Jay Reid FFS

Has Joe ever scored a goal in every game on the way to winning an All Ireland. That is some Ronaldo and Messi shit right there. Joe is more like a Harry Kane. Very good player but not elite.

1 Like

A dirty stroke on ollie who was hurlin the shit of him was a factor there

Against laois and wexford :laughing:

Wexford drew with ye up in Salthill.
Who else did he score against?

And Limerick twice, Cork, Waterford, Clare and Kilkenny

1 Like

And were you the same fella talking up John Hanbury for stopping Seamie getting more than three goals by spear tackling him? :rollseyes: