Dangerous Dogs

They said on the radio this morning it was a husky/jack russell cross. FFS.

Youā€™re saying we should reform this child killing dog and reintroduce him to society?

10 Likes

Dog folk are very strange.

Tragic, but preventable indeed. The dog had probably given plenty of warning signs, such as looking at the child for a split second too long, snarling, etc. Thatā€™s the minute a responsible dog owner does one of two things. One, retrain the dog into knowing it is bottom of the pecking order and youā€™re alpha, and two, get rid of the bastard.

Edit: According to @Watchyourtoes the dog was a guest. Fuck me, this gets worse. A strange dog allowed free roam of a house with a baby.

A dog should never be head honcho in a house. Never.

2 Likes

Mongrels can be like Frankenstein if the wrong traits are mixed.

considering the first post here is about banning dangerous breeds of dogs, with rumours of labradors, huskys and Jack Russells being the mix of breed here, the issue of dangerous breeds of dogs is completely irrelevant to the discussion here. Unless we just ban dogs full stop.

Itā€™s a horrible tragic accident. But ultimately it falls on the people who failed to control the dog, whether that be the family or the friends who own the dog or whoever was there. If it was a new dog to the set up, you dont just let him roam free. If it was already there, any warning signs at all need to be addressed. Its horribly tragic though.

Small terriers are viscous little cunts only theyā€™re so small

calling to somebodys house with your dog is a bit odd too

4 Likes

can be viscous cunts, not always the case. plenty have lovely little calm dogs, and I know plenty on here have small terrier type dogs too.

but yeah, Iā€™m not a fan of them either to be honest, but I wouldnt consider them on the list of dangerous breeds that need banning

1 Like

No but when you cross them with something bigger thats where it gets borderline. Itā€™s only their size makes them harmless

A rottweiler would tear you to pieces but theyā€™d generally be very protective and calm for example

Itā€™s being reported this morning that (a) the dog was in fact a labrador-terrier cross and (b) he was owned by the family.

Any breed of dog can be savage id a gorgeous seemingly easy going westie for 16 yrs plus and 99 pc of time a dote but he snapped at my then smallie through jealousy, can never be sure

1 Like

Think I read before that labradors account for.more.recorded dog attacks than any other breed.

That could be entirely fiction but vaguely recall being surprised hearing it as, what with guide dogs and face to soft bog roll, theyā€™re not really viewed that way.

1 Like

Mind me asking, what happened after heā€™d snapped.at your young fella?

I flaked him with a newspaper on the nose, put food down and trained him to not do it again through perseverance by putting my own and kiddies hand into to his bowl, took an age but got there, didnā€™t trust him completely until my kid got older and the westie understood that the smallie was his master also

5 Likes

My late bud had a pair of labs savages, Iā€™d a black lab for years pure slob

1 Like

Youā€™re right - Labs have more recorded bites causing injury - Iā€™d say little cunt terriers bite more often but donā€™t get recorded. Little cunt terriers also attack other dogs way more often but itā€™s just passed overā€¦

crossing anything with a terrier is bad news

On the labs, yeah, that struck me as odd too as any lab iā€™ve ever met has been very well behavedā€¦ my only guess is people drop their guard and allow kids to pull and tear out of them continuously, until well, the dog uses the only arsenal it has.

No matter how good natured it is. Itā€™s still a dog. Some people put human values on them. Itā€™s ridiculous

1 Like

Fair play. A lot of people canā€™t be arsed to train their dogs properly.

1 Like