Darren Frehill Mistake Watch

Newstalk is senior hurling alright

Ger Gilroy apparently going to be appointed the new Dublin hurling manager.

2 Likes

Has there ever been a bad camogie or ladies football match?

Darren was rabbiting on about the ladies football final yesterday morning, eulogising the atmosphere and the level of skill on show.

Before he casually dropped in “well, I wasn’t there myself.”

It’s getting to rugby and hurling levels now.

Above criticism. Every game is a cracker. Skill levels off the charts etc etc

1 Like

Now that the season is over mate, what’s your gripe with hurling? You’re on a crusade about it at the moment.

nobody want to lose their job, especially for telling the truth

Would have thought my views on hurling have been pretty consistent for years mate.

Not so much a mistake by Darren yesterday, more a lack of information being provided.

He let the viewers know that soon he will be going over to the Premier League to… the ‘game of the day’ that is taking place over there… which has ‘big implications for both sides’.

He never actually said who was playing. Turns out it was Bournemouth and Arsenal which wouldn’t be considered the game of the day considering Liverpool and Man City were playing.

Anyway - poor Darren.

Also a word for Gary Moran who was reporting on a Connacht rugby match on Saturday. They must have went over to him ten times and on each occasion he had difficulty getting the score right. I got very angry on one of the occasions, not because I was bothered by the score, but his ineptitude corresponded with some cunt trying to overtake me on a roundabout at Longford.

6 Likes

According to Lauric Podge Spurs Boss Mauricio Pottechini has an injury crisis on his hands.

As well as an identity crisis?

1 Like

I meant to post up a couple of weeks ago Darren a mentioned all eyes would be on Roland Garros as Andy Murray made his possible final appearance in the Australian Open.

7 Likes

How is he still in the job?

Do RTE have a performance appraisal process?

‘You have fucked up numerous times now Darren and I don’t see any improvement.’

it’s very hard get rid of a fella for incompetence these days.
You have to put them on a mentorship or improvement programme and give them the chance to improve.
I don’t know about gross incompetency.

Havent RTÉ been letting people go left right and centre of late?

I couldn’t tell you. Who?

That court reporter bint, yer man the correspondent for the south east to name just two.

They were voluntary redundancies with their permanent staff.

Most tv/radio presenters are on contracts I believe. Certainly the likes of Tubs, Dobbo, etc

Galway wouldn’t have won the All Ireland in 2017 only for the montage Darren Frehill made for the team which was shown on the eve of the final. Fact.

Yes, ‘voluntary’.

There’s an up and coming young journalist there called Taj Peabody. He should be given a shot